X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StockTomyFTW
    replied
    Last edited by StockTomyFTW; 12-08-2010, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bananasmoothie1975
    replied
    sorry, I don't understand the construction of this track..

If it's an all metal surface, shouldn't each lane be isolated from the next?

Or do you reverse the rear axle for alternate lanes?

What am I missing here lol ?

Leave a comment:

• Tsooko
    replied
    Biblical cow Batman!!!
    How did you cut the slots?
    Ted

Leave a comment:

• StockTomyFTW
    replied
    Sweet. Thanks for your help today Wet C.
    Charlie.
    Last edited by StockTomyFTW; 09-28-2010, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Ah ha! I just figured out what happened, Charlie.

Will now delete your double posts.

Leave a comment:

• StockTomyFTW
    replied
    Last edited by StockTomyFTW; 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slotbubba
    replied
    MASCAR started a collection fund also in memory of Willy, which will be donated to the American Cancer Society.

Leave a comment:

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Carter View Post
    WOW! You just made a tear come to my eye Holtster! I've got plenty of LOW DOWNFORCE (I.E., Brass cars) to come and play with they like minded cats that are drinking your punch. Just say when and I'll bring my straw -and you know what Reggie Jackson said about the straw, LOL!
    "Low downforce" for you would only 3 neo magnets in a car.....

Semi-related, I saw Harvey G. observing a 1/32 race this weekend, he informed me of a memorial race on behalf of the American Cancer Society coming up, where they plan to race G-Jets supplied by BSRT. I'm hoping to make that one in honor of Willy, I need to confirm the date and if nobody else opens a new and separate SCI thread on it, I will once I get the details.

Progress on HO wood track is still in conceptual stage, I've routed a simple layout, was about to lay down the copper tape until another reader mentioned his idea of buring metal in the wood. I'm going to try that on a separate routed 4x8 MDF section once I get through this season of 1/32 regional and national races, so no news on that until at least December.

Leave a comment:

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    I'm thinking the cars Rick refers to includes the P-Jet, Thunder Storm and G-Jet cars, which are basically plastic chassis with traction magnets removed, and brass weights in the places the traction magnets occuped and other strategic spots. Some come with higher ohm motors which are typically run on less voltage. The ones I've run used silicone tires.

I was also intending on running additional brass chassied cars such a Riggen, Cobramite, earlier versions of the Tyco Pro (with no traction magnets) and of course AFX non-magnatraction and T-jets with their variants. The old Riggen and Cobramite cars I have used sponge tires, but they're dry-rotted now, will probably replace with silicone.
    Last edited by NJSLOT1_32; 09-20-2010, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bananasmoothie1975
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Carter View Post
    I've got plenty of LOW DOWNFORCE (I.E., Brass cars) to come and play with
    Ooh do post video/pics

Am yet to get my hands on the original "pan" type cars..

Do you run the sillysponge tyres, or foamies?

Leave a comment:

• Tsooko
    replied
    Originally posted by NJSLOT1_32 View Post
    I suspect Rick's comment is based on the fact that I've not been running HO for a few years, been running 1/32, however I'm getting the itch to get back into HO after finding several guys like-minded, who are also interested in running very low downforce cars. So he may be feigning surprise that I would be running HO again.
    Oh!!! Inside joke. OK.
    Ted

Leave a comment:

• Rick Carter
    replied
    WOW! You just made a tear come to my eye Holtster! I've got plenty of LOW DOWNFORCE (I.E., Brass cars) to come and play with they like minded cats that are drinking your punch. Just say when and I'll bring my straw -and you know what Reggie Jackson said about the straw, LOL!

Leave a comment:

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsooko View Post
    Huh? I don't understand your remark, Rick. Care to explain?
    Ted
    I suspect Rick's comment is based on the fact that I've not been running HO for a few years, been running 1/32, however I'm getting the itch to get back into HO after finding several guys like-minded, who are also interested in running very low downforce cars. So he may be feigning surprise that I would be running HO again.

Leave a comment:

• NJSLOT1_32
    replied
    Originally posted by NicoRosberg. View Post
    I would play around with the track first (width, position of tape etc) before making cars obsolete to run anywhere else, and forcing anyone else to change their cars.
    Agreed, I want to avoid braid or any other add ons, worse case maybe requiring pickups to be as flat as possible, or slightly bent if required. The guys I plan on racing with wouldn't have a problem having an extra set or two of pickups to use on a wood track with copper tape.

Leave a comment:

• NicoRosberg.
    replied
    I would play around with the track first (width, position of tape etc) before making cars obsolete to run anywhere else, and forcing anyone else to change their cars.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X