No announcement yet.

Tracks of Steel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie, I've missed your posts, too. I've come back a few times over the past few months hoping to re-watch your vids for inspiration. Or see new ones!!

All innovation attracts more than it's fair share of criticism; always has. It just means you're onto something. If a new idea doesn't make at least a few of the status quo act like a-hats, then it's not very important or not very new. So don't get mad - learn how take a compliment!!

Now hook us up with some vids, man!!

Have fun,

Rolls

Comment

Well the thing is ... Its not like he didnt like the color of my grandstands or something stupid like that. NO OMG run for the hills this track is gona kill everyone! So whatever, you all should be thanking this well informed forum member for saving your lives. If it just were color or something stupid sure I could let it go, but deadly baby killer? Im not going to put up with it so have fun with him. .. :waves:

Edit: . [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCf16529Vcg&feature=related"]YouTube - AVI_0003.AVI[/ame]
      Last edited by StockTomyFTW; 04-02-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks Charlie, fantastic track.

Comment

maybe plastic click clack helps

Thanks for reposting the vid!! Please, don't get discouraged.

Gotta love that start up! That sound should have a warning light, like a popo cherry to warn all passerby's and small babies that hang out on slot car tracks.

Just as a test I crossed wires on two different tracks recently, and found no adverse effects. You tried to explain it, but people are people... got's to lobe teh intrawebs

I can't get enough of the sound of the motor's from these cars. That constant 'click' 'clack' of plastic track is annoying to me. It's one of the major reason's I went to the larger scale and routed tracks to run on. I still got a box of H.O. stuff just waiting for the right moment to put back into the slot.

What controllers are you running? I'm sure you discussed that somewhere, but I haven't scrolled back from the rantings of late to re-read.

Keep your stick on the ice! We're all in this together.

sorry to have stolen the line, but Red's right. No matter what!

Comment

I agree! Nice track!, Great vid. Gotta luv it when someone comes up with something new. Thanks Charlie.
            Ted

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Thanks, Charlie!!

Rolls

Comment

So what now?

So is that it? Something innovative lost?

I did have one question. Does this type of track configuration allow for lane changing and lane sharing like in the 1/32 scale routed tracks I have seen?

Comment

Originally posted by jaxcoffee View Post
                  So is that it? Something innovative lost?

I did have one question. Does this type of track configuration allow for lane changing and lane sharing like in the 1/32 scale routed tracks I have seen?
                  It's a track with a steel surface instead of plastic or wood. Benefits are even magnetic attraction instead of just rails, a tiny bit of the surface, being magnetized; and the ability to make very tight lane spacing in corners; and last, ability to quick reverse power and get a spun out car back in the race without a marshal.

No, it doesn't involve any sort of lane sharing or lane switching.

Linear magnetic attraction allows realistic sliding with high speeds, which is very realistic, unique in the slot world, and very cool IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                  X