• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yes......

Comment

• 6-10-18

UPDATE

The Disassembly of F.I.R.!!!!!!

The wife and I have a solid contract to sell the house, so packing has started. With that said, the disassembly of F.I.R. has started. By end of today (6-10-18) the track will have been taken of the table and the table (9' x 26') will be disassembled..... .

We have to be out of the house by July 17th, so the search is on for a new abode. You can imagine that one of my "check boxes" is to find a place with enough basement space to become the new home for the "F.I.R. ....

Some pics of the disassembly. More to come.......

Comment

• Congrats on selling your house and happy house hunting.

Comment

• Congratulations on the sale and on retirement...My ideal place is closing in about a week (in upstate NY), and it has a 1000sqft basement: not as big as yours, but it'll fit my needs pretty well.

Bob

Comment

• Likewise, congratulations on the sale Gary. A time of mixed emotions right now for sure but once it's all boxed up I'm sure you'll be crazy eager to begin the new chapter. Hope it all goes trouble free and looking forward to seeing your new pad. All the best.

Cheers,
            Michael.
            Last edited by Jisp; 06-11-2018, 05:42 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• I want to run my cars on that thing. All of them.
              That might take a couple days, so I'll just sleep underneath it, if that's OK.

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimDouglasJr View Post
                I want to run my cars on that thing. All of them.
                That might take a couple days, so I'll just sleep underneath it, if that's OK.

That is all.

Scoot over!

Comment

• More demolition progress. Anyone close want some straight 2x4x8???

Comment

• Take them with you for reassembly.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimDouglasJr View Post
                      Take them with you for reassembly.

I may just do that. I have about 30 straight as an arrow studs.

about one more night of work.....

Comment

• Congrats on the offer...I'm crying over the disassembly...all my IL hangouts are changing...

Comment

• Today is the last day in our house in Naperville. Like Fast I had to go through the fun of removing the track and organizing, purging and moving 17 years of stuff. My track was too large for the new place and is now in its new home at LenJet raceway.

We are off to central Iowa. We shall see if I get a new three lane track or just pull the plug after 50+ years of involvement with HO.

Comment

• Steve, That's going to hard to do, giving up all the time you have given the hobby. Please find a way to stay in it. Good luck in Iowa!!!

Comment

• 6-15-2018

Update

I started this thread seven years ago, and never thought I would posting these next photos. Here we are, back to the beginning. An open 18' x 40' area in the far side of the basement. . Will be posting pics soon of the new house basement area where I hope this all starts up again. Going to the new house this Saturday for the formal inspection process. Hope all comes out well enough to proceed with the purchase. Here are a few shots of the former resting place of the F.I.R.;

Comment

• Originally posted by fastlap View Post
                                Steve, That's going to hard to do, giving up all the time you have given the hobby. Please find a way to stay in it. Good luck in Iowa!!!

We shall see. Started in the hobby about the time when the T-Jet was the latest and hottest thing on the block. Its come a long way. Some of the changes were for the good. Some not so good. I am not a fan of today's magnetic missiles but it is what is is. Goos luck on the move and hope to see F.I.R. reassembled soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X