Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Oxxpurple View Post
    When is our first race???????

I figure the first shake-down will be sometime in the middle of February. I'm sure you could make it here on a moments notice.......

Comment

After finishing the first two track to track connections, the third was a little neater and compact. Only five more junctions, then on to getting the drivers station built and applying the power taps. My eventual goal will be to wire the track to have reversible direction and "dead sections" for yellow lap marshaling.

Comment

BTW, this is what distracts me from slot cars in the winter months. We played in a pond hockey tourney, hosted by Leinenkugel's, two weeks ago in Wausau, WI. We took first place in the Bronze 40+ division. This was the pic with the winner's Jerseys after the win. I would be the goof in the top row on the far left. It was about -10* at that time. Will be in Eagle River, WI. this weekend for the yearly grand daddy of the pond hockey tourneys.

Last edited by fastlap; 02-02-2016, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Congrats! Looks like fun.

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob. Here is a pic of the team I played with at Eagle River, Wi. this past weekend. All the hockey tourneys are done until May. So back to the track this week!!!!

Comment

2-23-2016

Update

All but one junction block are fully wired, as shown in post#47. So, no sense to post identical photos. Hope to have the driver station frame made by this weekend.

Comment

3-6-2016
                Update

Driver station box construction is done. Will start the wiring to controller clips (old-school bolts) and track switches. Track will be equipped with brakes and reverse direction capabilities.

Comment

3-13-2016
                  Update

Started making the first of three wiring looms to connect all the junction blocks. Since the track will be made to have the ability to reverse direction, all looms must be made with individual wires (no common ground wires), so each lane is individually wired with it's corresponding color wire, and it's black ground (neutral) wire taped together using that color tape. This is the loom for the arena section. Today, I hope to finish the other two. Then this week will finalize the driver station wiring. Hope to power up this puppy by next weekend.

Comment

3-22-2016

Update

Have the frame for the driver stations done. Ready to mount switch boxes and finish the wiring for all four stations. Hope to have power to all lanes this weekend.

Comment

3-27-2016

Update

Well, yesterday was finally the day!!! Here are a few pics of the driver station controls being mounted and wired. Took me 1 1/2 hours to figure out the needed wiring for the reverse direction DPDT switch, but then only needed 30 minutes to wire in the second station. Will be finishing up the next two this morning. THEN???? Clean the track up and start running some laps. I needed to use a scuff pad to clean the front straight for the chassis to get proper contact with the rails. You've got to remember, this track has been sitting for 11 years without a car ever running on it. I'm sure the rails, even looking as shiny as they do, need to be thoroughly scuffed up. Enjoy!!!

Comment

I am so proud!!!! Just like the birth of your first child. Here, sitting in it's naked glory, is the very first chassis to run two lanes of the front straight of the Fast International Raceway. In BOTH DIRECTIONS!

Got to put this bad boy in the display case with the other shelf queens.....

Comment

The next time I am visiting in Illinois/Indiana I am coming over and running some laps!

Bob Weichbrodt
                          Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

This is a thing of beauty. really enjoying following this thread.

Comment

Bob, you have an open invitation. Just give me a week or two heads up when you are heading here. It'll be fun times. Gar

Originally posted by Rawafx View Post
                              The next time I am visiting in Illinois/Indiana I am coming over and running some laps!

Bob Weichbrodt
                              Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Thanks TXC. There will be more to come as I get everything finalized and buttoned down. Then on to the landscaping portion.

Originally posted by TXCurbster View Post
                                This is a thing of beauty. really enjoying following this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X