Account question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account question

When I am lokking at different posts , some have pictures that I need to click on , but I am unable to. The pic says to update my account to enable 3rd party hosting. What is this ?

That was when people were using Photobucket to post photos...Photobucket lost their minds and shut down everyone's photos. Don't worry, it's not your fault!!!

Comment

It's a sore point with a lot of us that put a lot of effort in posting pictures with photobucket in our posts.

Comment

Pictures

Yeah , Ive been trying to post some pictures of my new track room and track. Everytime I upload them , it says they are to big and need to resize them. I have yet to be able to resize any of them They are on a mac iOS. Wich makes it harder. Never was a fan of photo bucket.
        Last edited by Rick42; 12-25-2017, 05:51 AM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Rick, our member Model Murdering has been reporting good success using IMGUR - check out his most recent posts in his garage thread, here.

One can also upload thumbnail images using the paperclip attachment.

But keep in mind that once you get to 25+ posts on SCI, you'll get your own Album (entitled 'My Gallery') and that's very easy to upload to. Hope this helps some.

Comment

Hey Rick42,

While on MacOS, and in Photos [or iPhoto], double-click the photo so the edit options come up. Then, in the Menu Bar go to FILE, EXPORT, EXPORT 1 PHOTO. That will then open up a screen where you can select size options. Then just save it to the desktop [or wherever you save pics].

I concur with imgur. Great free service, no watermark, automatically resizes for forum windows, fast.

For example, my sweet new xmas ride:

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
              Rick, our member Model Murdering has been reporting good success using IMGUR.
              Flickr has also been working for me lately.

One can also upload thumbnail images using the paperclip attachment.
              Yeah, but the restrictions are so small you can pretty much just upload thumbnails.

But keep in mind that once you get to 25+ posts on SCI, you'll get your own Album (entitled 'My Gallery') and that's very easy to upload to. Hope this helps some.
              I completely forgot about that!

Comment

If you use SCI to host your pictures the SCI logo will appear in the lower right hand corner of each picture. If you want to avoid having anything important covered up be sure to crop your pictures to leave space for the logo.

Comment

Someone on an RC forum provided the link below. It enables photobucket pictures when using Chrome. I've tried it and it works. you have to clear you're browser cache since it doesn't work on older cached pics.

I've been using Flikr & it does the job.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en

Comment

Working...
                  X