No announcement yet.

Anybody Heard From Old Jaybird Lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Heard From Old Jaybird Lately?

While laying some copper foil tape this morning, I remembered that I used to source all of my rolls of copper tape from Old Jaybird and that in fact, the very roll I was using likely came from Jay. That led me to the fact that I haven't seen anything from him in quite some time. Now I may have missed a post since I don't follow this forum religiously but when old forum members disappear, I get a little nervous given that many of us aren't spring chickens anymore. Has anyone heard from Jay lately?

Mike

Toj

The Old Jaybird announced his retirement from slot cars and the DaVols Forum Cup Proxy earlier this year. I talked to him not long after that by phone. Was thinking about calling him to check on him. I will let him know you asked about him.

Comment

Happy to report that The Old Jaybird is "still kicking"!

Comment

Good to hear - beats the alternative!

Hope he comes back to posting here again soon, he's been a member a long time and I've sure enjoyed his posts and enthusiasm for the hobby over the years.

Comment

Thanks Ken, I am glad to hear he is OK.

Mike

Comment

Still racing....

I am currently racing Scooter Personal Mobility vehicles in the 140 Kilo Senior Division.

================================================== ===========

I need to have a big ol' slot car sale of my stuff, I got more than I can remember. Wasn't getting faster, eyes and reactions not getting better, will probably have bilateral cataract surgery within the year. Just getting old.

Spending my spare change on firearms these days, going to the range with sons and grandkids. Collecting vintage Remington Nylon 66 rifles that I lusted for at age 12, but couldn't afford back then.....after all they cost 50 bucks in 1959!! I can shoot shorter distances or put a scope on to aid my eyes. Got a few other pistols, revolvers, shotguns and other rifles too. I shot skeet years ago in the mid-1970s.

TOJ
            Last edited by The Old Jaybird; 06-23-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

That is good to read and I dont even know you except from a brief exchange here on SCI a year or three ago.
              Keep busy, keep interested in stuff. It is when we stop playing that we stop being human.

Comment

To paraphrase Doyle Brunson, we do not stop playing because we get old, we get old when we stop playing.

Comment

I like that!

That would be a good quote on a t-shirt. And it doesn't matter if it had a hand of poker cards or a slot car or whatever you're into pictured next to the phrase. I even think Doyle would approve if his name was featured as the originator.

Comment

I saw "Dolly"

at the WSOP about 10 years ago. One of the few people I have seen that looked older in person than on TV. He was playing Omaha in a pre-lim tourney.

Comment

Getting old is looking in your mirror and seeing your grandfather. I see him every morning. I am glad to see you are doing well and still having fun Jay. I am sorry to have lost you from our hobby.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X