No announcement yet.

MEET THE MEMBERS OF SCI.......Slotbutton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of these would make great slotcars.....

This Audi above is an ex Audi USA car from the IMSA? series, the car was driven in South Africa by Someone that PeteN was associated with?????

These pictures were all tkaen at Zwatkops Raceway outside Pretoria.

Comment

Great pics, Darren, but that is the SCCA Trans Am Audi 5000, not the Audi 90 from IMSA (SCX did). Could the driver in SA be Sarel Van de Merwe, who drove our 962 at Daytona?

Comment

........that is the SCCA Trans Am Audi 5000
        Thanks I wasn't sure which series it was from, I just remember AUDI SA being really excited about having these 2 cars to race!!

Sarel Van de Merwe, who drove our 962 at Daytona?
        The very same one!! If memory serves me correctly it is also him driving the Golf Rally car in the other pictures I posted. He was dominant when AUDI SA introduced the Quattro to the rally scene - what an awesome car to watch!

Comment

Another great Thread...

Yo Slotbutton,

Thanx for taking your time to share a bit of your slot life with us, making this Thread fun and full of cool stuff.

The Suzuki West Track is a very beautiful one and must surely be a hoot to drive on! I was greatly impressed with it, all the more by that very tight turn outta the underpass: must be a real challenge for the inner lane driver! Congrats to you and PT Fan!

Cheers!
          BigDog
          PS: I never ran on plastic...

Comment

I was greatly impressed with it, all the more by that very tight turn outta the underpass: must be a real challenge for the inner lane driver!
            Tell me about it.

Comment

Tell me about it.
              Oh Paul you're being modest

...all the more by that very tight turn outta the underpass....
              I should get Kerry to do a couple of laps with a Slot-It Porsche and film the section of track you are refering to, it is incredible watching how the car changes direction!!!

Comment

Darren! I just noticed at the bottom of the screen, it says you're 43 today!

That's amazing - I thought you were much older!

Best wishes, eh?

Comment

43!!! Happy Birthday. If I make it to 43 it will be a milestone.

Slotbutton and/or PT Fan,
                  Whats the foot print of Suzuka West? How many sheets of mdf did you use? That is one nice track.

Terry

Comment

Thank you for the good wishes

I thought you were much older!
                    Being folicilly challenged... I get that alot, with friends like you who needs enemas??

Whats the foot print of Suzuka West? How many sheets of mdf did you use?
                    If memory serves me correctly(I know at this age it's hit and miss!!) The track is about 24ft in length and about 7ft wide at the widest point. I think we used 11 sheets of MDF. The most challenging part of the construction is that the track can be dismantled and moved to different venues if we want to.

Comment

See if this works...

If one of the mods could post the youtube videos in here that would be great. In the meantime I've posted the links below.

Here is some video I shot of the Hairpin corner after going under the bridge. I posted the same one in slow mo as well.
                      Regular speed

[youtube]xLqxtBQIsSI[/youtube]

Slow motion

[youtube]5th7YW46gfU[/youtube]

All you actually need to do is click on the YouTube thingy, then paste the URL in there just as you would with the Quote thingy, and then delete everything from the = backward; so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5th7YW46gfU becomes 5th7YW46gfU bookended by the YouTube codings, if you follow me.
                      Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 10-19-2008, 10:07 PM. Reason: Sorry mate, I wasn't around until now.

Comment

See if this works...

Here is some video I shot of the Hairpin corner after going under the bridge. I posted the same one in slow mo as well.
                        Regular speed
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLqxtBQIsSI

Slow motion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5th7YW46gfU

Comment

OMG! The slow-mo video is cool. Talk about poetry in motion. How many guide mounts have been broke in that hairpin? The pink 962 jams it pretty good and recovers nicely.

Terry

Comment

Believe it or not..........

How many guide mounts have been broke in that hairpin?
                            NONE!!

In 3 years of racing we have had 1 guide mount broken! That was going through 130R and not in the hairpin.

Comment

Working...
                            X