Hi from Huntsville, AL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Huntsville, AL

Hi, I'm Kirk and I live in Huntsville, AL. My first slot car set was a 1/32nd scale Aurora figure 8 I got for Christmas in the mid 60's. In the early 70's I got swept up in AFX HO racing, and even put a replica of Road America on a ping pong table in the basement. After that I was out of slot cars until getting a job and living in St. Louis in the 80's. I used to race at a couple commercial tracks until joining the GSRA (Gateway Slot Racing Association) in the mid 90's. Then the Army moved me to Alabama so I looked for places to race and finally found one in Decatur, AL (Fine Scale Hobbies) where we raced 1/32nd scale box-stock cars. I raced there for quite a while but had to give it up for various "real life" reasons. Now that the kids are grown and fairly independent I've thought about getting back into racing. I recently discovered a group of guys here in Huntsville (thanks to SCI) who race T-Jets and so far it's been great fun.

Oops, I should have posted this thread in the New Member Introductions section.

Comment

Hey Kirk and welcome! Should've, Could've, would've. It's all good because you're here!

Comment

Working...
      X