Hello from Vancouver Island, Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Vancouver Island, Canada

Hello! Brand new to the hobby thanks to a Facebook Marketplace offer of a Carrera 1:32 collection I couldn't refuse. Always been a fan of motorsports, and I am an active sim racer on PC with a full cockpit setup. I had this Tyco slotcar set as a child in the early/mid 90s, but this is blowing my mind right now (and my kids are loving it too). Was able to get an 11 car and 70+ track piece (plus accessories to support 6 players) set. It is mostly in good condition, and that's nice considering it almost all appears to be 2006/2007 product.

Pics of the collection : https://imgur.com/a/cXPC2Io

I've been learning lots about the hobby and this set. 6 of the 11 cars are fully working, one of those just needs a replacement tyre... and the other 5 unfortunately are either not showing any sign of life, or have other damage making them non usable. Some of the collection are Pro-X series (2 F1 cars, 2 lane changer sections, 2 controllers, 1 grid tile), but I've figured out lots about Pro-X vs Digital 132.

Look forward to learning more about the hobby and possibly expanding my collection to have a nice set of 6 similar cars so I can have a full grid race with family and friends. Will make other threads for troubleshooting questions I have, appreciate any assistance from the community. Thanks!

Welcome from someone just across the strait in Richmond. I am sure you will still learn lots here and trust you will enjoy the hobby. Unfortunately I would be of no use to you on digital as I am just an analog guy! Trust you know that there is s strong analog group in the Victoria area?

Cheers

Alwyn

Comment

Welcome to my Site, I hope you enjoy yourself here.
      Reach out to Slotbutton who is in Victoria they have a good group of guys on the Island racing Slot Cars.

Cheers

Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Hi from Robert in Abbotsford ,have a permanent track set up all the time, non Digital Ninco, Cheers

Comment

Welcome aboard fellow Canadian racer!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes my fellow Canadians. And I do recall seeing a slot car hobby shop in vic, as well as a big track (but seen long ago) in a building near the Western Speedway. I will be reaching out to more to see if I can find some more sources for the Digital 132 parts/cars/etc.

Comment

Hello
              We Are eLVIS
              http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/forum/sci-race-and-events/club-corner/elvis-racers

We have a
              79' 6 lane mdf track here (by VGH hospital)
              another 4 lane 76'? mdf track at Western speedway area
              and a 3 lane mdf up at Cherry point
              We race 4 heats a night (Wenedsday)
              Non Mag - silicon tires and non modified cars
              Let me know if you are interested in joining us sometime

Comment

Working...
              X