New to the hobby!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the hobby!!!

Hello all. My name is Charlie I have just entered the world of slot cars and im loving it. Currently have a 1/43 carrera mario kart set that Im looking to replace already. I want to go Digital for sure but theres not a lot of info out there on this stuff. So Ive tried using the carrera track planner to make a 1/32 scale setup in a L-shape but I can't figure out the track. So can anyone outhere help me with a trackplan. My size would be roughly 12x4 and 8x4 a L shaped configuration to fit in the corner of my garage. Also what brand is better for digital. I like the Carrera features pit lane the position tower, driver hud, but looking at prices looks to get expensive in a hurry! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Happy racin' thanks!

Welcome to SCI,
    If you check out the Digital and Track Plans sections you may come up with some ideas. The 2 brands on the market right now are Scalextric and Carrera. Both systems are well developed but not compatible with each other. With a small area many go with Scalextric as the 3 " lane spacing allows more track in a given area. If you ever intend to run 1:24 scale cars as well as 1:32 then Carrera is a better option.

If you wait a while Slot.it is coming out with their own Track System under the Policar label. This is a good compromise as 3.5"lane will allow both 1:32 and 1:24 scale cars to run but in a smaller area than Carrera.

Welcome to my Site I hope you enjoy it and the Hobby in general.

Cheers
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-08-2019, 04:47 PM.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Thats cool. I have looked at both of those I like carrera but as you said the track being larger i bet I can't fit as much as i could with scalextric. Is Slot.it going to be digital?

Comment

Is this what your layout is like?
        L-8x4.jpg

Here's a layout I quickly made - the Blue lined curves are banked curves.
        L-8x4 Layout A.jpg
        Last edited by dinglebery; 08-08-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Yes thats exactly what it would look like I could probably squeeze dimension A to 12 feet as well. What brand track is that using? Thank you so much for the help no joke! I can't figure these track planners out lmao

Comment

No worries! That's Carrera track.

Comment

What track planner is it that your using??

Comment

Tracker 2000 V3

Comment

thats the one I couldn't get the codes to work on i bet.

Comment

This is a 12x8 area with a Carrera digital track w/o borders. AFAIK, you can make this with any Carrera digital set that has 1/60 curve pieces plus:
                    • Pit lane set
                    • 5 R2/30 curves (pkg of 6)
                    • 12 R4/15 curves (pkg of 12)
                    • 1 1/3 straight (pkg of 2)
                    As shown, this requires 9 standard straights. 2 standard straights can be substituted for the pit in/out.

The added big curves may require about 15 additional feet of guardrail.

This layout assumes that you're starting with a set that includes at least:
                    • 6 R1/60 curves
                    • 9 standard straights
                    • Powerbase straight
                    • Straight double lane changer

Attached Files
                    Last edited by thatguy01; 08-11-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

This is a 12x8 area with a Carrera digital track w/ borders. AFAIK, you can make this with any Carrera digital set that has 1/60 curve pieces plus:
                      • Pit lane set
                      • 6 R2/30 curves (pkg of 6)
                      • 12 R4/15 curves (pkg of 12)
                      • 2 1/3 straight (pkg of 2)
                      • 2 1/2 straight (pkg of 2)
                      As shown, this requires 6 standard straights. 2 standard straights can be substituted for the pit in/out.

The added big curves may require about 15 additional feet of guardrail.

This layout assumes that you're starting with a set that includes at least:
                      • 6 R1/60 curves
                      • 6 standard straights
                      • Powerbase straight
                      • Straight double lane changer

12x8 w borders.gif
                      Last edited by thatguy01; 08-11-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I like that!! I did want to use boarders from what Ive read pretty much everyone says to use them. This is a great layout thank you so much for sharing!!! I am going to start buying the track here and there until I can get my table built.

Comment

Working...
                        X