Another new member introduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member introduction

As a new member from Australia, I just thought I would do a quick intro. I've been a long time slot car nut - ever since the first Scalextric set my dad bought for my brother and I way back in the late 60s. I've added to that original set considerably over the years but the enthusiasm has been renewed in recent times when my now 9 year old daughter discovered what her dad had packed away on shelves in the storeroom. So with a new hobby partner, I'm back in the scene again with renewed enthusiasm.

I have my old Scaley cars, and more (Scaley, SCX and Ninco) that were purchased over the years. I have also discovered the hobby has changed quite a bit since I bought my last cars (I'm talking the '80's here) with many new manufacturers around. In the last few months I've added twelve Slot.it cars to my garage (McLarens, F40s, Porsches and Mazdas) and have now developed a fondness for NSRs (4 X 917s, Mosler and Ford GT Mk IV).

The forum has been really useful resource for information. Although I've been into the hobby for a while, I've also been out of it for some time and there is just so much that I don't know. It is also through SCI that I discovered the great guys Steve and Dickie at Slot Car Corner.

Jon
    Last edited by M3Fanatic; 03-15-2010, 07:29 PM.

Welcome to SCI \
    I think it would be interesting to see a car or 2 from the '80's.

How do you feel about flinging out some pictures ?

Comment

Old Scaley and SCX cars

Sure thing - here are two Scaley F1 cars - Williams FW07 (in fellow Aussie Alan Jones livery) and Renault. The SCX cars are a Mazda 787 and an Audi rally car. The Mazda is a blast to drive and is still quite a quick car (it has steering front wheels, too) and the Audi is 4WD.

Comment

welcome those are cool cars, take a look at avant slot they are nice to, oh and you got a real nice name

Comment

to SCI

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by M3Fanatic View Post
            Sure thing - here are two Scaley F1 cars - Williams FW07 (in fellow Aussie Alan Jones livery) and Renault. The SCX cars are a Mazda 787 and an Audi rally car. The Mazda is a blast to drive and is still quite a quick car (it has steering front wheels, too) and the Audi is 4WD.
            Cool cars It's nice to see they can last a long time and still be fun.
            Thanks for the pictures.

Comment

Thanks for the pics!

I really want to build an Audi Quattro one day soon.

Cheers and welcome to the site!!

Paul

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Jon

Comment

Working...
                X