Waaayy late introduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waaayy late introduction

I must say at the start how much I have appreciated all the great guys here on this site who have helped by answering questions and sharing really cool pics of really cool cars both in 1:1 and 1:32!

I think I've always enjoyed sports and racing cars and as a kid had models of most of Tom Daniels' hot rods. Way cool.... I have this idea to get a model of the T'rantula drag racer and make into a 1/24 slot drag car.

While I was living in northeastern PA, attending seminary, my son got a little HO set that didn't last long (Cheap and broke easily) so I saw a Scalextric set with two Mini Coopers and got hooked on 1/32. Both our boys now like racing them around and my youngest who has cystic fibrosis and sensory integration disorder is slowly learning to keep things under control. My oldest now has a Batman Tumbler and I have collected a few Fly Ferrari 512s and Porsche 917s. I think think the late 60's and early 70's Le Mans and F1 are my faves although I wold love to build a few Pre-war jobs as well.

I am currently a priest in the Orthodox Church and my lovely wife is a social worker doing therapy with foster kids. We will be returning to CA this summer to work in a parish in Redding. My other interests include cycling (brazed my own frames, too) and astronomy (built a 10" reflector)

Hello Roger, nice to meet you. You sound like my kind of guy...too many hobbies! lol

Comment

hi roger welcome, this place is great

Comment

Hi Roger,

I think it's a bit late for a "welcome" or such, as I believe you are totally integrated to the Board! In fact, I think you were a nice addition to our group, beeing a nice person always ready to discuss things in a very civil and educated way!

I think you already feel yourself at home, eh?!

Cheers!

Comment

yup

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
          Hi Roger,

I think it's a bit late for a "welcome" or such, as I believe you are totally integrated to the Board! In fact, I think you were a nice addition to our group, beeing a nice person always ready to discuss things in a very civil and educated way!

I think you already feel yourself at home, eh?!

Cheers!
          Yes, waaayyy late, but thought I might give a little background about myself anyway.....

Comment

you can say that again!

Originally posted by bibbster View Post
            Hello Roger, nice to meet you. You sound like my kind of guy...too many hobbies! lol
            Before I was married I was also into Photography (Medium Format and collecting Russian vintage cameras) Before I became a priest I was a machinist - specifically CAD/CAM (Mastercam v9) for two years and before that I was teaching computers in public school so I did a lot of computer tweaking and programming. The priesthood has been good for me; it forces me to be selective since now I'm poor (not because of my job but because we're forced to a limited income as a result of our youngest boy's cystic fibrosis).

Roger

Comment

Working...
            X