Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello people

Hi folks,
    just to say i started looking at slot car illustrated forum in jan.2010 reading
    about 1/24 digital and the more i read and looking at car's and the different set's i
    decided to go with carrera 23602 1/24 digital slot car set. The main reason i went
    with this carrera set is because my wife and i have ( 2 ) daughter's & ( 1 ) son. We
    also have ( 2 ) granddaughter's & ( 3 ) grandson's. So see it really make's sense to
    invest in this particular set because it can handle the different age groups.
    Adding to this system instead of buying different set's make's better financial
    sense and it will be in a place ( our home ) that will be up on a table i made with
    enough room to walk around all side's. Thank's for all the information you have
    out there on the digital 1/24's and i also love the big car's.they're great. The flyrod

Welcome to SCI !
    Enjoy racing them big cars

Wich cars come with that set?

Comment

to SCI, great bunch of guys and gals here, lots of good info.

Comment

Hello and welcome to SCI

Comment

hi and welcome

Comment

Welcome...

Hi there Mr. flyrod,

I'm more of an 1/32 guy, but 1/24 is definately not out of my plans for the future, as our track was made with them in mind. But due to my present days "economics" I'll have to keep those plans in check for the time being.

Hope you find what you came for here!

Cheers and feel yourself at home!

Comment

Glad to hear from my fellow racer,
              I am new at this so I belive the only way to understand the sport or in this case (HOBBY) is to get to know the people who are involved then you can start to grasp
              the whole picture about the hobby. To answer your question about what car's came with the carrera 23602 digital 1/24 they are the FERRARI 250 GTO '62 SEBRING 12h 1964 ITEM # 23714 &
              CHEVROLET CORVETTE GRAND SPORT '64 SEBRING 12h 1964 ITEM #23712. THANKS FOR WRITING AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WRITE BACK. FLYROD OH YEA ( ROLL TIDE)---( ROLL )

Comment

Originally posted by 2FER SLOTS View Post
                Welcome to SCI !
                Enjoy racing them big cars

Wich cars come with that set?

HELLO 2FER SLOTS,
                FIRST, THANK YOU FOR WELCOMING ME TO SCI. I AM NEW AT THIS SO I BELIVE THE ONLY WAY TO UNDERSTAND THE SPORT OR IN THIE CASE ( HOBBY ) IS TO GET TO KNOW THE PEOPLE WHO ARE INVOLED IN YOUR FIELD THEN YOU CAN START TO GRASP THE WHOLE PICTURE ABOUT THE HOBBY YOU CHOOSE. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT WHAT CAR'S CAME WITH THE CARRERA 23602 DIGITAL 1/24 THEY ARE THE FERRARI 250 GTO '62 SEBRING 12h 1964 ITEM # 23714 AND CHEVROLET CORVETTE GRAND SPORT '64 SEBRING 12h 1964 1TEM# 23712. THANKS

Comment

Hello geno,
                  would like to thank-you for welcoming me in the sci. I will be talking to alot of you because i am totally new in this ( hobby ) and it look's like a great hobby
                  to be involved in. Once again thank's flyrod

Comment

Originally posted by fred fries View Post
                    hello and welcome to sci

hello fred fries,
                    just want to say thank-you for welcoming me to sci. Not know to
                    much of this hobby i strongly belive i am at the right place. Again thank's
                    flyrod

Comment

Originally posted by scrjon View Post
                      Hi and welcome

hello scrjon,
                      just what to say thank-you for welcoming me to sci. I am going
                      to need alot of advice about a hobby i am just now getting into late in my life.
                      I already feel i have made a great choice in digital 1/24. Once again thank's
                      flyrod

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog View Post
                        hi there mr. flyrod,

i'm more of an 1/32 guy, but 1/24 is definately not out of my plans for the future, as our track was made with them in mind. But due to my present days "economics" i'll have to keep those plans in check for the time being.

Hope you find what you came for here!

Cheers and feel yourself at home!
                        hello big dog,
                        when i started looking and reading about the different race sets and looking at the possibility that this hobby
                        is something for the whole family to get involved with and keeping in mind me saying the whole family it became clear to me the best logical and financial sense there is
                        was to buy the 1/24 digital then this would solve the different race groups.1/32 1/43
                        as you can tell i love to involve my whole family in family time.again thanks flyrod

Comment

Cool, you're going for size .

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by mandoman View Post
                            Cool, you're going for size .

Welcome!
                            Hello Mandoman,
                            Let me start out saying I did not know which way I was going at first.I looked at the 1/32 digital then I tried to find out all I could about it. I also looked at analog
                            sets vs. digital sets then I started looking at the different track's out there. There are so many
                            way's to go when you are just starting out and you want to ask so many question's to. I looked at the smaller tracks vs. the big tracks. the more I looked the more I wanted to find more. Then I
                            started looking at the 1/24 digital and the more I read about this scale the more interesting I
                            became. Then I found out there was only one (1) company in the entire world that makes a true
                            1/24 set. Even though they have several other set's in the 1/24 digital and they all look great it
                            was the total track size 255x309 cm/ 8.37x10.14ft track length 9.3m/ 30.51 ft.and also the big car's. I have only had this set (1 month) and I also have the pit lane. I will be adding electric lap
                            counter with banked curve's and several more straight's. So yes I guess I am going for size.FLYROD

Comment

Hey, does anyone know if you can put to much track on your set where the power
                              starts to get weak or weakens the way the car's race. I have the carrera 23602 and
                              i want to add about ( 14 to 20 ) straights and i also want to add a ( radial 4 ) high
                              banked curve (12 piece's). I already have (1) pit lane but i am going to get another one so i can use the pace car . I will also be adding the electric lap counter. The set I have came with a (18v 42.2va) will I need more power. Thank's the flyrod
                              Last edited by flyrod; 05-20-2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X