New Carrera Capri is here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carrera Capri is here

The new 1/32 Carrera Capri is here and shipping to dealers!

hey Dave,
    a part no. for the car would be nice to have.
    thanks!
    speedy

Comment

This one is 30816.

Bruce

Comment

I will be the first to admit that the Carrera Capri is a very beautiful car, having said that from a strictly racing point of view it would be hard for my to purchase one of them. I am very much a big Carrera fan and race them in two different classes with two different clubs. The Carrera GT class and the Carrera DTM class both being strictly Carrera classes. In my somewhat feeble mind when I think of class type racing I have a definite idea as to what is competitive in a class In 50s F1 we have Scalextric and Cartrix, in 70 and 80s F1 we have scaley and fly, in GP C it is strictly Slot It, in GP 5 it is sideways and so on with the idea of what is competitive running against what. Sometimes I think that I miss out not being a collector, I could see that Capri sitting among my two Wurth Capris, one slightly customized and my Sideways Mustang, but not being a collector I could not consider the Carrera as it stands about as much chance beating a Sideways as a Formula V stands against a Formula One.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayberryman View Post
          I will be the first to admit that the Carrera Capri is a very beautiful car, having said that from a strictly racing point of view it would be hard for my to purchase one of them. I am very much a big Carrera fan and race them in two different classes with two different clubs. The Carrera GT class and the Carrera DTM class both being strictly Carrera classes. In my somewhat feeble mind when I think of class type racing I have a definite idea as to what is competitive in a class In 50s F1 we have Scalextric and Cartrix, in 70 and 80s F1 we have scaley and fly, in GP C it is strictly Slot It, in GP 5 it is sideways and so on with the idea of what is competitive running against what. Sometimes I think that I miss out not being a collector, I could see that Capri sitting among my two Wurth Capris, one slightly customized and my Sideways Mustang, but not being a collector I could not consider the Carrera as it stands about as much chance beating a Sideways as a Formula V stands against a Formula One.
          I was more or less thinking the same thing. Carrera is entering an area that has been covered ad nauseum by other manufacturers. It is a very crowded field. When the Sideways cars came out it put a huge dent on what people were asking for the Fly cars. But that is not Carrera's problem since their pricing sweet point is at that same level as the depressed Fly prices.

If Carrera follows up with more product in this class of racing to go with this car, I can see how it would work. It should be a hit with the Carrera only buyers such as those who are running Carrera digital.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedynh View Post
            hey Dave,
            a part no. for the car would be nice to have.
            thanks!
            speedy
            To find a part number, you goto your favorite dealer and make a search on their website...
            Like we read on the "yellow pages" french ads "faites marcher vos doigts" or "get your fingers at work"!
            Last edited by legrandnormand; 08-28-2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah, to waste a mold on a car that has been and being done by not one
              but two manufacturers is just silly.... yet they can't spare a mold for a '57
              Chevy running mate.

Something is rotten in Den.... err.... Germany

Comment

Poor Dave

you can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but . . . . .

I echo the comments to a point, but with a few running mates, they are smooth durable, and don't most come with lights?

Dave - what else is planned?

Comment

Originally posted by SlotsNZ View Post
                  Poor Dave

you can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but . . . . .

I echo the comments to a point, but with a few running mates, they are smooth durable, and don't most come with lights?

Dave - what else is planned?
                  LMAO.. yeah poor me.
                  You know i'm never able to answer what we might do.. we never announce ahead of time "yeah we're going to do the XXX car".
                  These cars were largely made to be sold in the German market where we sell about 90%+ of the slot cars to that market.
                  I do think guys are aware by know that we've done Group 5 cars longer than anyone else in the market and more consistently....
                  512BBLM
                  935 Moby Dick
                  Pantera
                  Monza
                  Now the Capri and BMW M1
                  And stretching a bit the VW
                  And yes all digital cars come with lights.
                  I'm used to it by now since I've worked now for more than a decade (and now with my second company) so it's pretty much par for the course.

Comment

if you've seen this years catalog, they have 2 Capri's coming out this year. Obviously, the first one is already out. IMO, I like the Carrera the best of the 3 as far as the looks go. Sure, if you're a hardcore tuner, this is probably not the car for you. If you are like the guys in my group, we remove the mags, replace the tires and maybe add a little weight. We aren't into rocket ships.

Bruce

Comment

I'm Carrera digital all the way for now...and whatever else I want to shove a Carson chip into.

I like to tune and tinker, but aside from Scaley, I've largely been unimpressed with how other manufacturers cars run on Carrera track, once chipped.

All that being said, us digital guys will want this car. The analog guys have lots of options...so be it...not a concern of mine.

My only concern would be, there's no way this car can run on the high banked turns with that awesome front end...I love it!...but that's the only drawback I can see. Any info on this? I'll likely collect it anyway...but man, that's just killer looking!

Comment

Lost on the continent

Ahh, Dave and Bruce,

normally I live in NZ - hence the nick, but since I shut down Slotraceshop and moved to Spain, I am a bit out of touch - make that VERY out of touch. Not seeing any catalogues or chatting to fellow racers or dealers at all.

Only raced three times in a year, and if it wasn't for Diego and Maurizio inviting me to events it would be three less than that.

Hardly went on the forums for months as we were either traveling, recovering from an "excursion" or neck deep booking the next one. Now we're done with the planning I have an acute attack of boredom and slot withdrawal; so I am making a nuisance of myself again.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
                          LMAO.. yeah poor me.
                          You know i'm never able to answer what we might do.. we never announce ahead of time "yeah we're going to do the XXX car".
                          These cars were largely made to be sold in the German market where we sell about 90%+ of the slot cars to that market.
                          I do think guys are aware by know that we've done Group 5 cars longer than anyone else in the market and more consistently....
                          512BBLM
                          935 Moby Dick
                          Panterab
                          Monza
                          Now the Capri and BMW M1
                          I'm used to it by now since I've worked now for more than a decade (and now with my second company) so it's pretty much par for the course.

Mr. Kennedy, my post was never done in a way to bash Carrera as I presently have eleven in my racing stable. Six GTs, Four DTMs and a Ford Torino. My only statement was that Carrera does such a good job in a section of the hobby for the racers that I was surprised that they would bring a group of cars out that most likely would have to compete with faster cars in the analogue world.

My suggestion would be for Carrera go undercover and find out what will be replacing the Merc. in DTM and try to get a jump on this new car. I have said many times and will continue to say that mag or no mag Carrera cars are as close to race ready as any car you can buy and dollar for dollar the realism and reliability of Carrera cars are unsurpassed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
                            LMAO.. yeah poor me.
                            512BBLM
                            935 Moby Dick
                            Pantera
                            Monza
                            Now the Capri and BMW M1
                            For some reason I thought the 30724 Monza does NOT have front lights; that's why I didn't buy it. Dave if you're saying it comes with lights then I'm all over it.

And the Carrera Capri, both colors, are the cars I'm most excited about for 2017. I like D124 better, but these cars look AMAZING!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayberryman View Post
                              Mr. Kennedy, my post was never done in a way to bash Carrera as I presently have eleven in my racing stable. Six GTs, Four DTMs and a Ford Torino. My only statement was that Carrera does such a good job in a section of the hobby for the racers that I was surprised that they would bring a group of cars out that most likely would have to compete with faster cars in the analogue world.

My suggestion would be for Carrera go undercover and find out what will be replacing the Merc. in DTM and try to get a jump on this new car. I have said many times and will continue to say that mag or no mag Carrera cars are as close to race ready as any car you can buy and dollar for dollar the realism and reliability of Carrera cars are unsurpassed.
                              No problems, I just felt I needed to point out that we've gone deep with these cars for about 12 years now and I needed to make that point.
                              I'm pretty unhappy that Merc decided to drop from DTM, i now wonder about the health of that series.

Comment

Working...
                              X