This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site work scheduled plus upgrade

We are currently working on upgrading SCI ( I know finally ) and fully expect to see issues with some of the plug ins, and modifications done in the past.

Once this is all implemented we will work on new features and updates to SCI.

One of the first will be a secure automatic log in

More news soon, I am now purchasing the latest software, and an update service to help with the move.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 11-30-2018, 04:00 PM.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Ty

Comment

Fingers crossed (which makes it really hard to type, eh?).

Comment

Thank you Alan: I trust that it will go well and restore the site to the pleasure it used to be.

Alwyn

Comment

My F5 key thanks you.....

Comment

Great to hear

Comment

Not going well yet

Very buried in other Business right now. But trying again to work with Hosting Company to get info to start upgrade.

Only 12 day and still no one able to help.

I hate Computer Tech Support.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Sorry for outage due to upgrade issues.

Hopefully the Site will stay up for now.
                Work is ongoing for SCI.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

sci is not fixed

Comment

I dont understand how the guys downunder post race result spreadsheets, videos and comments without issues.
                    i cannot even post on this site without logging in 2 or 3 times and still have database errors.

Comment

Sadly, it is not 'without issues' - it is with a lot of perseverance....

I use Dropshots to host images of spread sheets, which can display in a post....

But I'll probably have to 'log in' at least a couple of times when I'm doing a post with attachments...

Fortunately I have a lot of patience - but this sites' current problems does test that at times...

But I appreciate all that Alan has provided for us.

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

I'm sick and tired of having to refresh, login, refresh, re-type the long post I just typed which didn't upload, login, refresh, login, re-type...I'll come back when/if this ever gets sorted!

Comment

I started copying my posts just in case. Then if you have an issue, just paste it again. A pain yes but you donít have to retype it.

Comment

Software update is now scheduled to go ahead.

Please expect to see the Site change as the Vbulletin update to the latest software has now been scheduled.
                            This will break many of the plug ins and mod's the LSIntegra94 (Mike) did from the early 2000's up through around 2009.

It is a tribute to Mike that this Site has carried on working as long as it has, but finally I have invested in Vbulletin Tech Support to upgrade the software.

Also spend many hours discussing the many issues that the Site has experienced since our hosting company was taken over. I explained to them about multiple issues including log in and Data Base errors, which till now they say are not happening.

So here goes, the Site look will probably change as the upgrade takes place, plug ins and mods are not transferable as far as I know.

Eventually this will make SCI a better place to come, I am full aware that since around 2013 there have been many problems. I have been unable to find anyone to work with the Site as created by Mike, so this is the only solution available to me.

Fingers crossed SCI comes out the other side way better than now.
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X