This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
    Are you having to enter in your password and log in info. Or does the Site right now remember that but you have to click on log in?
    It still doesn't remember my log on.

Comment

Are you having to enter in your password and log in info. Or does the Site right now remember that but you have to click on log in?
      I know this is for Rich but just to note that I have always been one of the fortunate ones: I have not had an issue with having to log in repeatedly. But yes: the database error thing got very annoying. Now I hope I am not jinxing anything but this has not been happening for the last day+.... Fingers crossed!

Comment

Yeah, it's remembering my login OK now (using Chrome/Windows 7) and same thing with my Android phone. This, even after clearing all cookies in my browser yesterday and then logging back in again just once afterward.

Comment

We are all keeping our fingers crossed. I have to enter name and password every time. The site also will not allow me to upload photos.

Comment

I am never logged in when I first go to the site, I don't bother to log on unless I want to post something because the log on does not stick. I might have to log on just once for each post, but most of the time I have to log on several times. I think the record for that was five times.

Comment

I have to login on the front page, login again on the forum page and login a final time to post.

Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
              Win10 - 1803

Comment

WQell I am glad

Alan is investing, and at some point it will all come together.

Operating an e-commerce Slot Site myself, and having been forced by Google to become mobile device driven, even though the bulk of my clients work from PC, and have been severely disadvantaged by the clunky skins offered, I understand Alan's frustrations a little better than many.

All power to the man keeping the lights on here.

- and does anyone have a match?

Comment

Feeling good

I must say I am slowly building up some confidence again. It really, really feels good to be able to open this site without the Cloudflare check and without database errors (and I truly hope i am not jinxing things by saying this!).

So Alan, I am not sure where you are at with the software update, but a BIG THUMBS UP from me for the maintenance work that has been done and the stability that this has brought to the site. You need to know that it is recognised and appreciated.

Thank you!

Alwyn

Comment

Thanks, update still in progress.

We switched off Cloudflare as the Ddos right now has stopped.
                    We have worked for many hours with our new Hosting Company to try to fix many things broken during the move to a new server.
                    Right now we are waiting for the update to be implemented and see what changes.

Then hopefully we can switch back on log in.

Slowly goes it.
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.slotcarillustrated.com
                    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

We switched off Cloudflare as the Ddos right now has stopped.
                      We have worked for many hours with our new Hosting Company to try to fix many things broken during the move to a new server.
                      Right now we are waiting for the update to be implemented and see what changes.

Then hopefully we can switch back on log in.

Slowly goes it.
                      It has improved, Alan. I hope the next steps get the site back in function close to where it was a few years ago. Then maybe we can get people to return.

I know your store site is far more important, but I (and many others) miss this place. It was not just a great source of information about our hobby- it was a great place to meet other racers who shared our interests.

Thanks very much for your efforts and for providing us this online fireside.

Comment

I have stayed away from this site because of its issues, hopefully it will be brought back where it once was, good luck. As of today however the same issues still prevail.

Comment

The site has been working a lot better this past day or so. My computer uses Vista, so my version of Chrome is out of date. If I want to post something I have to hit Reply, the log in. There is no fussing around with more log ins, back arrows or page refreshes. As soon as I move to another page I get logged off. Everything seems to work fine if I use my laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. My tablet worked OK the last time that I tried it.

Comment

What I know about software and servers would fit on the head of a pin, but I just noticed this at the bottom of the main page.