Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We bought the latest software update it is not loaded yet due to Server issues.

Hopefully we now finally after about 4 months of fighting our Hosting Company have a stable Server.

I paid Vbulletin to update the software on SCI so we can get the board running correctly.

But we ran into hard drive issues on the server and again lost our Retail Store Site.

We have moved www.132slotcar.us off from this Hosting Company at least for now. So we can start rebuilding the sales needed to survive and finance SCI.

Now if the Site is stable we will get Vbulletin to carry on with the update to the latest version of their program.

Hopefully in the next weeks this will all come together.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Incredible managed to do post and reply without logging in

Are we finally seeing progress. I can not count the times I have gone back and forth with Hosting Company saying it was the software that caused all our issues. Seems maybe their hard drive with bad sectors may have been part of it.

Onward and upward now maybe I can run my Store and announce the Magnet Marshal 2 today!!!
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Front page of SCI is down on this lastest repair on the Server.

I will now try to get the SubDreamer Front page back up and running.

I need to pinch myself, cannot believe the Site is working this well so far.

Posting and staying logged in is a great feeling.

Now back to the Magnet Marshal 2 project
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Did somebody say something about a Magnet Marshal 2 project?

Comment

First logging on to SCI

Until the Front page is recovered please let people know this is the link to get to SCI.

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...rums/index.php

You can not get there by typing just the Slotcarillustrated.com address as the Front Page is still down.

The Magnet Marshal project is not a project.

Scaleracing LLC has re-manufactured the Magnet Marshal as Magnet Marshal 2.

We did not have any tooling from Tech tech who created the first version. So all new tooling was cut.

We made a bigger table for the scale to allow 1:24 scale cars to be measured as well. So now you can do 1:64, 1:43, 1:32 and 1:24 scale cars on a Magnet Marshal 2.

We made the guide slot deeper and longer to take Scaleauto guides.

We made the Magnatraction beam adjustable so you can calibrate several Magnet Marshal 2 scales to read similar numbers. This helps when Club members own the scale and want to compare their cars to a Club or Track spec at home.

We also made the battery accessible with a door to allow battery change without taking the Magnet Marshal 2 apart.

These will go on sale today, as soon as I upload them to the www.132slotcar.us Site.

I will move this thread once we have them active.

Price will be $149.99 with free shipping in the USA.

Worldwide sales shipping will be $10.00 flat fee.

Last edited by Scaleracing; 02-02-2019, 03:10 AM.
            Alan Smith
            SCI Owner.
            www.scaleracing.com
            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I am staying logged in ... I am staying logged in ...

I am staying logged in ...

And I haven't had any database error screens today.....

Comment

No where near perfect yet but glimpses of better days ahead.

The Albums are gone, creating a database error right now the Hosting Company are looking into that and the Front Page.

I may need a developer to sort more of this out, but as soon as stable I will get the latest version of Vbulletin loaded. Then see what that breaks.

Fun but at least getting some results now.

Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Well not so good as the day wore on

Data base error popping up again.

Not sure what the next step is, but will keep trying to find solutions.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Well SCI is certainly different now

More work.
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Get a gallery plug in installed, and we'll be fine.

Comment

Welcome back! I logged in on the new version of SCI, I checked this thread and decided to put in my avatar, but my login was gone and I could not log back in. I had to go to another site, then come back here to log in again. That time I was able to see messages and put in my avatar. Hopefully I will stay logged in as I switch pages.
                        I am certain that all of this has been a huge ordeal, when the dust settles you should probably treat yourselves to a nice night out or something.

Comment

Good news, I have had no problems at all using a Vista machine with Chrome. When I tried IE9, which does not work with a number of other sites, only part of the page wants to load.
                          One of the guys in my club has not been able to get in at all. Here are excerpts from e-mails that he has sent me.

"I have been unable to load SCI since sometime yesterday. When I try I get an error message:

Database Error
                          We are sorry, a database error has occurred and pageload stopped, an admin has been notified.
                          2019-02-28 21:24

I've tried using Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Same error message on all three.

I still can't get in, and I keep getting the same error message!

I've tried it on two computers, but they are both Macs. I even get the same message on my iPhone! I'm going to have to try it on a Windows machine..."

Comment

Wow! Love the new look. Thanks for the effort!

Lenovo I-5 & I-7 laptops running Win 10 and Firefox 64 bit.
                            Last edited by Maddman; 03-03-2019, 06:42 AM. Reason: Added PC Information

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
                              Good news, I have had no problems at all using a Vista machine with Chrome. When I tried IE9, which does not work with a number of other sites, only part of the page wants to load.
                              One of the guys in my club has not been able to get in at all. Here are excerpts from e-mails that he has sent me.

"I have been unable to load SCI since sometime yesterday. When I try I get an error message:

Database Error
                              We are sorry, a database error has occurred and pageload stopped, an admin has been notified.
                              2019-02-28 21:24

I've tried using Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Same error message on all three.

I still can't get in, and I keep getting the same error message!

I've tried it on two computers, but they are both Macs. I even get the same message on my iPhone! I'm going to have to try it on a Windows machine..."
                              That's what I get too.Windows 10/firefox.
                              I just google SCI, and click on the forum link.

Steve

Comment

FYI: Logged in from iPhone/Safari.
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X