Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally it might be a Happy New Year for SCI, update starting tomorrow.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearing cookies is often a good thing to try, especially in a situation like this where the site has had significant changes done. Anyone having log in troubles at this point should try that.

Comment

A great many people may not want to blithely clear *all* of their browsing history, however, which is why I pointed out the cookies for this site were stored in two different places in the data.

Comment

Fair enough. I'm sure you didn't mean all history, but all cookies. Many might not know that cookies are things that help you stay logged in, but don't store your login information, and aren't a record of your browsing history or bookmarks or anything. Clearing all cookies just means you'll probably have to log in to all your sites again because your browser will no longer have the file that they stored on your computer telling them that you just logged in however long ago, but it won't effect stored passwords, bookmarks, or even the history of sites you've been to.

Definitely better to delete just the SCI cookies, if one is able to do so. For those who need help doing it, just do a google search for the name of your browser and "delete a cookie"

Comment

Did a quick Google search just now for "vbulletin not staying logged in" and there are quite a few results with different things to try. Increase the login timeout, double check all the site and user permissions, make sure the cookie paths are setup correctly (with and without "www" in the front of the URL causes a cookie mismatch that doesn't retain the login on the next page, for example). The upgrade looks nice but still can't stay logged in between pages or get the Edit function to work reliably. Sometimes I can wait long enough and it will load so I can actually edit, but mostly it just freezes and dies so I go do something else. Current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera. Users clearing their cookies won't help, I have all my browsers set to clear all cookies upon closing the programs and it hasn't made any difference in how this website behaves. Thanks for the efforts, hope we can get to the bottom of it soon.
          Last edited by Scaleracing; 03-07-2019, 02:35 PM. Reason: Checking the edit feature, seems OK here, but I want to know about problems to fine tune the new SCI

Comment

Finally, I am not having any problems.

Comment

So for now you need to log in with this address http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/

The www is critical, without it log in will not function correctly.

If you do not use the above address for example dropping the www will mean constant log in issues.

Working on a redirect as the old Front page of the Site is no longer able to work with this version of Vbulletin
              Last edited by Scaleracing; 03-07-2019, 02:37 PM.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Redirect now in place so www.slotcarillustrated.com comes right to the Forum
                Last edited by Scaleracing; 03-07-2019, 06:36 PM.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.slotcarillustrated.com
                www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
                X