The Gentleman Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gentleman Driver

Here's a nifty Netflix documentary that will surely be of interest to many of you, particularly those who enjoy ALMS & WEC type racing.

[YOUTUBE]T0Bg5hBWNsY[/YOUTUBE]

Totally worth the time to watch, you'll learn a lot about this aspect of racing. You'll also wish you were (a) incredibly wealthy and (b) remarkably talented.

Great film!

The most tedious branch of motor sport and they may be drivers, but those in the film are not gentlemen. For those you need to go hillclimbing at Shelsley or Prescott. And preferably in vintage events.

Martin

Comment

Shelsley or Prescott, eh? I'll have to watch out for those.

Are they usually televised, or streamed online?

Comment

Thanks for this.
        I trust it's on Netflix Canada? Journey to Lemans has a similar theme if you haven't seen it.

Comment

Yeah, it's on Netflix here. They seem to be increasing their library of motoring documentaries all the time, it's great!

Of course, it ain't $7.99 a month no more, but a great deal when you think of what we used to spend renting DVD's a few years back!

Lovely day on this side of the planet, hope you Easterners haven't all frozen to death in your igloos by now ...

Comment

Watched from Netflix Australia last night - an interesting documentary, even though you knew what going to happen next ( Dalla Lana throwing away a win at Le Mans, Gonzales winning in Mexico).

Funny part to me was, the guy I'd never heard off was the most successful overall.... ( the Chemical dude, Mike something... )

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

It was great that they showed MacLaren.
              Oh and it's a nice cool (-5) day here with a beautiful storm on the way.
              Is that sun? In Vancouver? In winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                Lovely day on this side of the planet, hope you Easterners haven't all frozen to death in your igloos by now ...
                I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have used a 'live' webcam link for this ...

Probably we'll all be utterly incapacitated for the next 48 hours ...

Comment

Working...
                X