Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with the New SCI Forum as we continue to recover more Historic Data.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with the New SCI Forum as we continue to recover more Historic Data.

Issues with the New SCI Forum as we continue to upgrade and recover more Historic Data.

SCI was down over the weekend as we ran out of disc space. This has been resolved and hopefully we can quickly fix the isses that caused this.

Right now the address for SCI is back to http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/ as we work on old data.

The old address is active again right now with a recover Front page. See www.slotcarillustrated.com

I know this is frustrating but we are recoving some of the old date which i am happy to see. I want to create a Historic SCI Site to allow all to see how SCI looked in the past and hopefully even recover the Members Albums.

I am not sure how this will all happen. i was quoted $25,000.00 to achieve all I want, sadly that is not viable at this time.

But we should see more old information recovered soon. Thanks to the support Team from Leaseweb who have been trying to help with this task.

Thank you

Alan
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Good to see things running again, Alan.

Couple of 'annoyances' that I've noticed; one is the 25 second delay before one can initiate a new search (oftentimes new posts can be viewed and comprehended in seconds, but then one has to wait) and the other is the considerable delay (up to half a minute or more) when replying to a thread until one's reply becomes visible. Sluggish, is what it is.

Separately, I do see the site 'auto saving' input as you're typing so hopefully folks won't have their words of wisdom (or whatever) lost to the ether.

Comment

Always was a 25 second delay to prevent flood posts.

Will time how long it takes for post to show here.

Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Took about 10 seconds at the most to show here. About 3 seconds to post then about 7 seconds to appeart. Seems OK to me.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

That one took 2 seconds in total, post and appear. Is this really an issue
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Not for me, i'm just happy its up and running again. Cheers Alan

Comment

Hmmm might be the browser in my laptop, on my PC it's rapido.

Comment

It's taking me about 15 seconds but I'm on the other side of the world and working in a Govt department with a zillion filters on our internet service.

Edit: That post only took a couple of seconds. Maybe the 1st post takes time to work it's way through all the wires and subsequent posts know the way. I blame it on the cookies.
                Last edited by Sports Racer; 03-18-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                  That one took 2 seconds in total, post and appear. Is this really an issue
                  Nope.

Comment

We now have the Historic Old Front Page recovered.
                    It works and dos link to the Forum. The Log in on the old front page is not working please jump to the New Forum to log in.

I was happy to recover the Old Front Page for history but it seems others are not happy. Should I take it down or can we work with this rebuild for now. Your call Members.
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I still get logged out when moving from forum page to page. I will keep experimenting.

Alan, Thanks for all the effort!!!!

I do not know if I am the only one experiencing this nuance or not? When I am on a thread, and let's say it's 12 pages long. I have to click the forward arrow repeatedly until it moves from page to page before I get the page I want to read on. Maybe there can be an arrow that takes you to the end of the thread, rather than clicking one page at a time until you get there? Again, maybe it's just me or you may not be aware of this?

Thanks again for the huge effort.

Gary

Comment

Please check you are checking the radio button remember me or it will ask you to log in everytime.

Also maybe call me to discuss so we can resolve. I need more info to fix issues.
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

We now have the Historic Old Front Page recovered.
                          It works and dos link to the Forum. The Log in on the old front page is not working please jump to the New Forum to log in.

I was happy to recover the Old Front Page for history but it seems others are not happy. Should I take it down or can we work with this rebuild for now. Your call Members.
                          Call me a stick-in-the-mud (albeit a damp one) but I like the old layout for the Front Page of the SCI Forums. Particularly when seeking information, whether it's finding the Proxy Race threads in order to review what tires I used on a proxy car from years back, or seeking an F1 Thread in The Paddock.

Basically, it's an ingrained habit to either click on the main page or on New/Today's Posts. So keeping it 'normal' helps in figuring out the other changes.

Does V-Bulletin provide a sort of general guide for regular members, mods, administrators to help them navigate on this latest version?

Comment

Please check you are checking the radio button remember me or it will ask you to log in everytime.

Also maybe call me to discuss so we can resolve. I need more info to fix issues.

Alan, thanks for the tip. I am now not having any problems navigating or re- logging in or posting.

I'll take a photo or screen capture of what I'm talking about and will give you a call in the next day or so.

Gary

Comment

At the bottom of a long thread I see the page you are on also the other pages are you not seeing this please check and let me know.
                              Also latest posts will get you to the last posts on the Forum.
                              Plus at the top of a thread I see page 1 of 2 or how many pages in the thread. Do you not see this?
                              ​​​​​​​
                              Alan Smith
                              SCI Owner.
                              www.scaleracing.com
                              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
                              X