No announcement yet.

Pioneer’s First: Steve McQueen Bullitt Mustang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Dreams will also be a Pioneer dealer. Cars will be up for preorder shortly, they tell me.

M2

Comment

Robert, you don't like anything at all from Detroit from that era!?!

Even, say, something a bit different like a '65 turbocharged Corvair Monza? I think it looks pretty good, handles well enough, lighter in weight and smaller size, it wasn't a typical Detroit offering. And I'm not even a GM fan! Well, to each his own.

Will admit that I kinda know what you mean about Mustangs, though. And this from a woman who could tell which engine was under the hood of a 1960's-1980's era Ford by the sound of the starter motor or shape of the tailpipe. For me it was always like, if only they'd spend a few dollars more.

Back to topic: I dig the notchback mustangs, too, but await with eager wallet the white '67 GT390 fastback...in all its honeycomb wheeled, quad exhaust tipped, 'total performance' side-striped splendor.

It's great to see Pioneer taking off.
      Last edited by Pinto_Girl; 12-09-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Another thought about the Mustangs, I assume it'd be a significant revision but I'd love to see a '68 GT500 convertible made from the notchback body, something about 60's era street Fords just turns me on, I guess.

Or maybe a '67 GT500 fastback, the early version with the center mounted fog lamps...

I'll stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto_Girl View Post
          Robert, you don't like anything at all from Detroit from that era!?!

Even, say, something a bit different like a '65 turbocharged Corvair Monza? I think it looks pretty good, handles well enough, lighter in weight and smaller size, it wasn't a typical Detroit offering. And I'm not even a GM fan! Well, to each his own.

Will admit that I kinda know what you mean about Mustangs, though. And this from a woman who could tell which engine was under the hood of a 1960's-1980's era Ford by the sound of the starter motor or shape of the tailpipe. For me it was always like, if only they'd spend a few dollars more.

. . .
          Nope! I like the Fitch Corvairs, but only because they were a poor man's Porsche 904. I like the V-8's, but not the cars they came in. I like Modified stockers from that era, but only because they were based on pre-war cars! Sorry, I can't leave a direct question unanswered.

Comment

RL,

Apologize? Directly answering a direct question makes you unique and upstanding in these times.

Mc

Comment

having grown up in the 60s and having 3 older sisters who only dated guys with the best cars, and my father being a top mechanic and racecar builder I seen every muscle car that came out from the big 3 we lived on a 1 way street that at night became a drag strip with the madison police doing the road blocks lol so I would think there has to be a 60s era car that robert gets weak in the knees over

Comment

I still want the 68 Charger

Comment

Working...
                X