Scalextric May News

Dodge Charger 1969 "General Lee" "Dukes of Hazzard"
    Audi R8 LMS GT3 "Phoenix Racing" Bilstein #98
    Audi R8 LMS GT3 "Phoenix Racing - FlatEx"
    Lamborghini Gallardo GT-R "FlatEx"
    Read More

Hey, I like the look of that Audi!

Comment

I was amused to see that one of the sponsor decals on the Ferrari is for "the Cobra Group." Wonder what Enzo would think of that?

Comment

Nice, the General has a little tiny CB radio – albeit not detailed — underneath the dash. Is it just me or does the car look a bit plastic-y, like that's the color the bodyshell was molded in, and not paint? Also, the wheels, if I recall correctly, have chrome spokes but the dished part between the spokes is a gray color, isn't it? Maybe that's what's attracting my attention.

Catch you on the flip-flop, good buddy.
        Last edited by Pinto_Girl; 04-28-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

They need to make a "dirt effect" version. The car was only that clean for the first and last minute of the show. LOL I think your correct pinto girl. I actually thought the wheels were alloy, not chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto_Girl View Post
            Also, the wheels, if I recall correctly, have chrome spokes but the dished part between the spokes is a gray color, isn't it?
            Here is a look at a real (and abused) General Lee:

Cheers!
            Paul

Comment

I think the interior of the General lee needs to be black, then it would look better. This car is in my future, along with some stupid slot car tricks. Guess I am just a big kid.

Comment

I like the big Charger... just not in that livery.

Thanx for the news, LS!

Cheers!

Comment

Unless something has changed there not coming here.

The General Lee Charger is not planned for North America due to the expense of the license.
                  There is a Limited Edition USA Street Charger coming though and is is just about sold out to Dealers in Pre Order.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.slotcarillustrated.com
                  www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

[quote=Pinto_Girl;392792 Also, the wheels, if I recall correctly, have chrome spokes but the dished part between the spokes is a gray color, isn't it? Maybe that's what's attracting my attention./quote]

The wheels on the General Lee are American Racing "Vector" wheels. They were cast alloy as new and had a somewhat shiny appearance until brake dust and road grime dulled the finish.
                    A very popular wheel back in the late 70's.

SS

Comment

And also note. Bo may be driving but where is Luke? Were is Daisy's Jeep CJ-7? Roscoe's Cop Car? Boss Hogg's cheaufer driven Caddy with Bull horns?

Comment

It doesn't capture the 69 Charger very well at all. The wheels and wells are too small and it lacks the "je ne sais quoi" of the original.

And if you are a Mopar fan this car is quite distasteful. The Dukes of Hazard television show destroyed the majority of the 69 Chargers left in the name of ridiculous stunts for a childish television series.

It is estimated that the Dukes of Hazard destroyed over 200 69 Chargers in the making of this series - if you consider the total they used to build the General Lee over and over. There are less than 100 69 Chargers left today in running condition. The owners of these cars would love to have all of the doors, fenders and hoods that were destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Axe View Post
                          It doesn't capture the 69 Charger very well at all. The wheels and wells are too small and it lacks the "je ne sais quoi" of the original.

And if you are a Mopar fan this car is quite distasteful. The Dukes of Hazard television show destroyed the majority of the 69 Chargers left in the name of ridiculous stunts for a childish television series.

It is estimated that the Dukes of Hazard destroyed over 200 69 Chargers in the making of this series - if you consider the total they used to build the General Lee over and over. There are less than 100 69 Chargers left today in running condition. The owners of these cars would love to have all of the doors, fenders and hoods that were destroyed.
                          Really

In the early 80's these things were a dime a dozen, the only reason there worth so much today is that most of them got wrapped around telephone poles and run into ditches by 18 year-olds who had more testicular fortitude than intelligence. At least these met there demise entertaining millions of kids on Friday nights.

The owners of the 100 '69 Chargers should be **** glad the show wrecked all those other cars, that's what made their cars so special, their rarity. I bet most of the owners of those cars wanted that particular model specifically because of the TV show. I bet a good many of them have been turned into Gen. Lee's, and that definitely would not have happened if they didn't spend all those years wrecking those cars doing ridiculous stunts for a childish television series.

When someone is calling things childish I can't help but point out that we're a bunch of grown men playing with toy cars in basements.
                          Last edited by Spa67; 05-01-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X