New Carrera Can Am pix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carrera Can Am pix

I don't have an exact arrival date yet, but they are coming this summer.

I shot these photos yesterday of these early production cars that we were sent directly from China. These are normal production cars, not photos of prototypes.

Updated June 7 with pix of Porsche chassis:

Last edited by DaveKennedy; 06-07-2010, 09:08 AM.

The Porsche 917/30 raced in 1972, so it could form the basis for a Can Am proxy car in 2012.

Actual 917/30 width overall is listed at 2087mm, so that is 65.2mm in scale, or 2.57 inches. That is one wide car. With the high rear deck it would seem that a full sized sidewinder of anglewinder would fit. Double up on those rear tires.

Comment

Great looking cars, Dave! Carrera have a winner here, for sure.

Comment

I just measured it with my Livingston family calipers (we're issued those at birth in my family BTW LOL!)...the Carrera Porsche 917/30 is 67.2mm wide.

Comment

All the Can Am cars look great Dave!
          Hope they are good runners.

SS

Comment

65.2/67.2(32)=31, so that Carrera model is 1/31 scale, well within sane 1/32 variance. Hooray for Carrera. Now all we have to do is remove some 20 grams of plastic from inside the body. I wonder if sandblasting would work?
            Last edited by Robert Livingston; 06-04-2010, 12:19 PM. Reason: dang numbers

Comment

Stop teasing...................I want them all now.

Comment

Well come on over to Hughesville... you're welcome to take them around my track(s).

Comment

Those look great, thanks for the pictures Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
                    Well come on over to Hughesville... you're welcome to take them around my track(s).

Typing "Hughesville" into the GPS....

Dang, too far to drive there and back before curfew.

Those cars are simply beautiful! And they look robust enough to survive some real racing. Which is something my ProtoSlot 917-30 is unlikely to do.

Old23

Comment

Well within sane 1/32 variance.
                      Yabbut isn't sanity in the mind of the beholder?

Comment

Nice. Well done, Carrera.

Comment

Actually, it was 1973. Debut was at Mosport. (I sat in the car on the grid)
                          1972 was the year George Follmer took the title, filling in for an injured Mark Donohue, in the L&M Penske-Porsche 917/10.
                          Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
                          The Porsche 917/30 raced in 1972, so it could form the basis for a Can Am proxy car in 2012.

Comment

Got to see that, even though I will buy one, the 917/30 doesn't look like it has the correct proportions, especially with regard to the rear wing area. Side panels look too short. Can hardly wait to get the Carling car though ... it looks great!

Comment

Can Am 2013!

Originally posted by JohnnySlots View Post
                              Actually, it was 1973. Debut was at Mosport. (I sat in the car on the grid)
                              1972 was the year George Follmer took the title, filling in for an injured Mark Donohue, in the L&M Penske-Porsche 917/10.

Comment

Working...
                              X