Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ostorero Watson Roadsters

Ostorero Watson Roadsters

The black and red Racing Associates # 22 of Roger McCluskey. In the 1961 edition Roger was a rookie and unfortunatly he retired at 51 lap, but we chose this car because it was different from the other Watson, the exhaust was builted on the right side of the car and this particular made interesting this car for a slotmodel scale replica. Roger McCluskey after this race, started in 18 other Indianapolis editions. Read More

Those cars are beautiful. Where can they be bought and how much?

Ventura Alfa

Comment

According to the article they're selling them directly.
      By the way, from now on we have enabled our website to sell directly to our customer enthusiasts and slotcar collectors with Credit Card, Paypal and other types of payment.
      I honestly have no idea whether any of our SCI Advertisers are carrying the line, and as I don't see Ostorero amongst them I can't be putting in a link here.

But Googling 'Overdrive Slotservice' can't be too difficult ...

Comment

Originally posted by VenturaAlfa View Post
        Those cars are beautiful. Where can they be bought and how much?
        I keep looking at these too, they look so cool! Electric Dreams carries all of their cars, both RTR and the pre-painted kits.

Cheers!
        Paul

Comment

ED has them from $225 - 250, depending on the livery. Outta my range

But they are beauties

Buster

Comment

They are gorgeous, but fragile too. My dad, who by his own admission can't drive, busted a roll bar and the thing on the tail the first time out with his Eddie Sachs Dean Van Lines car. They are actually very smooth and stable runners though, and I ran it for awhile without causing any damage. I would love to get the Al Unser Lotus, but still balk at the price.

Comment

Very nice selection but like Racers, are pretty much for those with deep pockets or those who just want to display them. Didn't see any kits on the ED site.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by svanaken View Post
                Didn't see any kits on the ED site.

Scott
                They have them. Just click on "Slot Car & Body Kits" on the right side of the page and then on Ostorero; however, generally they don't have pictures of the kits, just the completed car.

Comment

I recently put together an Eddie Sachs Dean Van Lines pre-painted kit. Very nice. Good directions. Good parts. Good fit. Best decals I've seen. I did have to ask a few questions here on the scratch build forum, mostly because I had not worked with many brass chassis cars. Some experience scratch building slot cars helps for those who may not have done much. 50s
                  Last edited by borninthe50s; 07-07-2010, 07:12 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

For those who have the cars how tough would it be to make the roll bars and bumpers out of stainless tubing? I'd love to have the guys in the club buy some and race the wheels off of them.

Comment

Stainless steel tubing is difficult to bend, cut, file, and shape. You cannot solder it. Brass tubing is easy to shape, and easy to solder, but you have to paint it. Aluminum tubing is easy to shape, almost the right color, but requires special solder.

The real cars used steel tube that was chrome plated. Aluminum is close in color, but not quite right.

While the Osterero cars have beautiful body work, I'd do something about those inserts:

Last edited by Robert Livingston; 07-08-2010, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Robert,

Wasn't there chromed (or nickeled) brass tubing back in the '60's. I seem to recall soldering a bright shiny nerf bar on the back end of a Testor's Graham Hill Lola...but then Denny Crane has been better at recalling things sometimes.

Mc
                        Last edited by McLiams; 07-09-2010, 05:39 AM. Reason: Irrelevant personal comment deleted

Comment

Originally posted by The Professor View Post
                          I'd love to have the guys in the club buy some and race the wheels off of them.
                          That sound's like fun. Mine's a nice running car. 50s

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
                            Brass tubing is easy to shape, and easy to solder, but you have to paint it.

My memory may be foggy, but is there not nickel plated brass tubing or rod that can be used to simulate chrome bits?

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
                              Brass tubing is easy to shape, and easy to solder, but you have to paint it.
                              The roll bars are painted on these cars in most cases already, so making it look steel tubing colored probably isn't an issue. Also, in the event of a crash, the roll bar would most likely take the brunt of the damage due to the size of the wheels and tires. The nerf bar on back probably isn't that big a deal unless of course you're car is flying backwards or end-over-end which apparently isn't out of the question!

It probably would not be too difficult to fabricate a few extra roll bars out of styrene rod. I say set the power supply at 10 volts and go for it! 50s
                              Last edited by borninthe50s; 07-08-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X