HPI Racing, Hudy, MB Slot, Plafit, and Sloting Plus Nurnberg Toy Fair 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPI Racing, Hudy, MB Slot, Plafit, and Sloting Plus Nurnberg Toy Fair 2011

Some interesting images if you click on the links here from these manufacturers:

HPI Racing - Nurnberg International Toy Fair 2011

Hudy - Nurnberg International Toy Fair 2011

MB Slot - Nurnberg International Toy Fair 2011

Plafit - Nurnberg International Toy Fair 2011

Sloting Plus - Nurnberg International Toy Fair 2011

Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 02-08-2011, 09:42 PM. Reason: I thought it needed more than a banana ...

HPI: I can see McLaren F1, Toyota GT1, Celica (?) Subaru , (+ Skyline GTR, Toyota 2000 GT already shown last year) Are they 1/32 slot cars ?

Comment

I was at the Toyfair and it is sad to say but HPI Will not be making any slotcars this year.
      Also BBR has left the slotcar buisness.

Comment

For the HPI picture, I think I see a Datsun 240Z (2nd shelf from the top, yellow car).

God I hope it's a 1/32nd scale slot car.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by slot-breizh View Post
          HPI: I can see McLaren F1, Toyota GT1, Celica (?) Subaru , (+ Skyline GTR, Toyota 2000 GT already shown last year) Are they 1/32 slot cars ?
          No unfortunately, all those cars are 1/43 diecasts. You can see that if you go to HPI Nurember 2011. They put those cars under the the section 1/43 diecasts and slot cars, but you look at the pictures you see that they are all of the same scale and that they are diecasts.

It is interesting that the put slot cars in the heading, it shows that they are totally careless about slot cars, it is a shame. They should have thought better about how to enter the 1/32 slot market. They would have done well (for the rally fans) with the Subaru Legacy (early 90') that they have there in the diecasts.

Comment

HPI did not show Slot Cars.

That was why I took a single photo of some of their die cast from a distance.

I personally do not think they understood most want Models of Racing cars no street cars.

Just like AutoArt I really think they do not understand the Slot Market.

Also they expected to sell big numbers, and in North America there are no big numbers for slots.

Sadly a production run of 1000 pieces is too big for most subject matter.

Hopefully in time the North American market will grow, but right now the biggest selling items here are Classic F1 and Group C Cars. Not street Datsun Z cars no matter how good they look.
            Now tool up a Datsun 240Z race car and I could see someone selling several 1,000 as long as there are a fair amount of liveries to produce.

Rally in North America will always be a few 100 pieces, it is not understood here.
            Alan Smith
            SCI Owner.
            www.scaleracing.com
            www.slotcarillustrated.com
            www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

The other big issue in the North American market is trying to crack the commercial track shell.

We're making some positive inroads here in Ohio, but without weekly racing programs at local tracks due to the "home set plaything" assumption, it's difficult to assert any strength in a marketplace dominated by Parma and JK.

Comment

As I've said before, put me down for a 240-z race car! Anyone else out there waiting for these?

Comment

I'd buy several 240Z...

RallyP: Thank you.

Hpi slotcar website is closed: http://www.hpi-slotcar.com/
                  these pics can still be seen her... http://hpi-slotcar-blog.com/

Comment

Volvo wagon FTMFW!

Comment

May I suggest a polarizing filter when shooting glass? A polarizing filter will eliminate or significantly reduce glare on non-metalic surfaces. Because it reduces glare, it It usually improves color and contrast too.

Comment

Working...
                      X