Porsche 917 and RSR photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche 917 and RSR photos

Photos of the prototypes of the new Carrera D124 Porsche 917s and a photo of the new Scuderia Porsche RSR. These are coming about the first week of December, i've just gotten confirmation of them leaving China. The photos are of the preproduction samples and there will be added tampo details not shown here and No.2 car does not have the center wing shown. It may be added for later editions of the 917.

Last edited by DaveKennedy; 10-18-2012, 09:11 AM.

Oh my. Oh my. Oh my wallet.

Comment

Hey Dave,

They are beautiful !

Clearly , worthy candidates for "The Pretty Fleet" (Hi-Fi 1/24 models that look pretty, but not so fast ...)

Congrats on the "vistacruiser" window ... Would like the winglet too, but I think I might be able to cobble one up out of plastic stock ...

I know I must head your "Customers You Could Do Without " list

But these are nice. And at the price ???

BTW, Carrera, already has "Pretty Fleet" presence, in that I scarfed up 2 Audi R10's (R8 's were pretty much gone)

And after extensive modification the one I have finished (you don't wanna know) Runs like a banchee, and looks pretty to boot. And has Lights !!!

Comment

Dealers set their own price but I'd expect to see them for sale somewhere around $65-70.00.

Comment

Wow, very nicely done. Always great stuff from Carrera in 1:24.

Comment

Ouch...My wallet just bit me.

Comment

I've been waiting for that porche 917... My wife is already on my case when i told her that i am waiting for the audi r18. Me and the couch will be good friends for a while..LOL

Comment

Do the 917's have brake/tail lights?

Randy

Comment

Sorry, no brake- or rearlights possible on this car.

And here is a link to the real thing:
                  [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/smuckatelli/6768652549/"]Winning Gulf Porsche 917 at Daytona 1970 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Gulfs with the tiny rearwing a year later had additional NACA-ducts... :/

Comment

Originally posted by Slottus View Post
                    Sorry, no brake- or rearlights possible on this car./
                    Darn...I kinda had a feelin',since the 1/32nd lola had a similar light detail and didn't have rear lights either.
                    I wish they would have put the brakelights in the exhaust pipes like on the McLaren M8 though... Looks really cool when braking at the end of a long straight

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Slottus View Post
                      Sorry, no brake- or rearlights possible on this car.

And here is a link to the real thing:
                      Winning Gulf Porsche 917 at Daytona 1970 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Gulfs with the tiny rearwing a year later had additional NACA-ducts... :/
                      Official word from Carrera ?

Still...leds can get pretty small... and I would think in this 1/24 app... It could be done. The Slot.it for 1/32 has leds that would probably work here.

And some of the "surface mount" type (I really don't know what they are called, that come on little strips) would probably work as well ...

They "teased" us with the winglet on the pre-production model ... Who is gonna miss a NACA duct ?
                      Last edited by ModelTrainGuy; 10-21-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
                        Oh my. Oh my. Oh my wallet.
                        Ditto.....

There are more 1/24 cars i want now more than 1/32...

This is not good....

Best start adding those borders....

Comment

Originally posted by scalexdoza View Post
                          Ditto.....

There are more 1/24 cars i want now more than 1/32...

This is not good....

Best start adding those borders....
                          Well.. it's only going to get "worse" for you next year then...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
                            Well.. it's only going to get "worse" for you next year then...

oh dear...... i think i just wet my pants a bit....

Whats coming next year??!!

I am at that point in the layout now where i need to decide what i`m doing next...

I think there is no other choice but for me to purchase one of these 1/24 cars and give it a bash.....

Comment

I'm sorry but you're going to have to wait for announcements during Toyfair. I'm sure you're going to be very interested in what Carrera have coming though.

Comment

Working...
                              X