The Alabama SnowBall Derby 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Alabama SnowBall Derby 2014

I am very proud to announce the running of the 3rd ANNUAL ALABAMA SLOT CAR SNOWBALL DERBY !!!

The AASCSB will be held on Friday January 17, 2014 and Saturday January 18, 2014. The AASCSB will be held at Chelsea Motorsports Park, a 4-lane MDF track with an average lane length of 77 feet. The track is modeled after Barber Motorsports Park, one of the most challenging as well as beautiful road racing courses in all of North America.

Chelsea Motorsports Park will open at 12:00pm on January 17 and will close at 12:00am on the 18th. The track will re-open Saturday the 18th at 7:00am with racing to begin at 10:00am. All times are Central Standard Time.

Please watch this thread in the coming few days as I will be announcing the classes of cars to be run as well as a race schedule. This event is open to EVERYONE !!!

KIITS,
    Lawrence
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 12-10-2013, 11:12 AM.

Good to hear, Lawrence! Title should probably be Snowball Derby 2014.

Comment

Comment

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Lawrence, are we going to see you in your famous orange shirt?

Comment

Lawrence,
          Looking forward to racing there again had a great time at the last race.

Jr.

Comment

Hated I missed the summer version - planning on not missing this one!!
            SCANC Rob

Comment

Lawrence, any update on the classes that you are wanting to run?

Comment

Still waiting!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                    Lawrence, any update on the classes that you are wanting to run?
                    And rules, simple ones I hope.

Comment

Guys, I had some text exchanges with Lawrence last week and had a chance to ask him what his thoughts were regarding classes he wanted to run. This isn't an official line-up from Lawrence, and his intent this year is for us to run longer races with less classes, which I think is a great idea because it's less cars to worry about preparing. This also means more racing and less time tinkering/practicing in between races to prepare for the next.

1/24 BRM
                      1/24 Scaleauto GT
                      1/32 NSR 997 Cup
                      1/32 Group C

Another class he's considering is 1/24 BRM 917's or 1/32 Racer Group 5's.

I think it's guaranteed for us to run the Group C's, 997's, and both 1/24 classes, but he's undecided with the last class.

Regarding the 1/24 BRM's and 1/24 Scaleautos, I've only got 1 BRM, but I have 3 Scaleauto 1/24 GT's - I can loan out two Scaleautos for those who need one. No, you can't have one, George.

Comment

Hey Mark, I need one or two in case I break the first one. The red Porsche would be preferred.

Merry Xmas

Later, Scott

Comment

I'm good with just 4 classes. I agree it means less cars to prep and more time racing. Gotta get my BRM back from Alan. He's had it since summer.

Merry Christmas guys!

Steve

Comment

Steve,
                            If you don't get your back I have one you can run.

Jr.

Comment

Thanks Jr!

Comment

Working...
                              X