Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera F1 set contest

http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/live-...-gp-season-61/
    Click the link, answer the question and you may win a Carrera D132 set and accessories... simple!

Thanks for the heads-up Dave!!!
    Tough question..but I think I nailed it!
    Probably much to hard for anyone else here, so they shouldn't even bother trying. Haha!

Comment

easy question but sadly no room for a digital set, ill let someone else enjoy the wonders of carrera slot cars

Comment

Sevastopol, right?

Tough question..but I think I nailed it!
        Actually, the question wasn't tough - it's just that only Christian names were offered as choices.

Comment

I got it

sven

Comment

I had to look it up on the net...

Dave

Comment

I failed the security question 2 times...... ugh.

Comment

Simple ? given the choices, but at first I kept hunting for the "none of the above" box to mark, as it had to be a trick question.

Comment

Did the same. Thinking the questions got messed in translation.

Originally posted by Teeder View Post
                  Simple ? given the choices, but at first I kept hunting for the "none of the above" box to mark, as it had to be a trick question.

Comment

The contest (and website) are managed by the folks at the homeoffice outside Salzburg

Comment

This is a brilliant promotion - linking motorsport events and new products.
                      Pass along the positive feed-back, Dave.

Maybe a Nascar giveaway in time with next year's Daytona 500...

Comment

If we had Nascar maybe that would be a good promotion but at the moment we don't have that license.
                        I am trying to link as much as possible to 1:1 racing as much as possible and I do link on the Facebook page to racing photos and videos.
                        This year we plan to be in Montreal at the Intercontinental Hotel again doing our demo event. There are 2 teams staying at the hotel BTW. And we plan to give away lots of Carrera swag during the event as well as prize cars too.

Comment

I think you could make a lot of hay at the 1:1 events. Set up a display table and throw out a set-sized track (add a pit lane), and let people play with it. Most people over 30 have played with slot cars at some point in their lives, but it seems like very few realize how far it has come since they were kids.

It may be difficult closing a sale @ $400 for a digital set to a nostalgic parent looking for a toy for their kids, but $400 to a NASCAR freak looking for a toy for themselves to bring out when their friends come over on Sunday to watch the race would be too easy. They'll spend that much on static models and bean dip in a season. I just don't think they are aware that slot cars have developed to lane-changing and pit-stopping. Heck, you could probably unload a stack of sets on the spot outside the race.

Comment

ooohhh...
                            Set up a table outside the race, and let people drop their names/phones/emails and best lap time in a bowl - the best lap time wins the set. You get the marketing leads, and get a bunch more people willing to try modern slot cars.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
                              If we had Nascar maybe that would be a good promotion but at the moment we don't have that license.
                              I am trying to link as much as possible to 1:1 racing as much as possible and I do link on the Facebook page to racing photos and videos.
                              This year we plan to be in Montreal at the Intercontinental Hotel again doing our demo event. There are 2 teams staying at the hotel BTW. And we plan to give away lots of Carrera swag during the event as well as prize cars too.
                              Dave,
                              I have no idea what the marketing budget is for Carrera USA. It almost seems to me that it's you and the lady that handles the warranty issues Can't remember her name right off but she as well as you do an outstanding job. Slot car manufacturers have absolutely NO marketing visibility here. NASCAR License (Carrera has the cars) or not, Gun monkey has such a valid point. Take a portable track to one one of these Nascar venues and sell or at least get people looking at the fun they're missing. I would think you might get people to volunteer their time to do this kind of thing if Carrera supplied a mobile track that would go site to site. Once again, I guess it depends on sales potential versus the costs but this would be a definite way to target your audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X