Devis3D Designs- 1/24 S-Can Carrera Adapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devis3D Designs- 1/24 S-Can Carrera Adapter

As if you needed another reason to give us a try other than the FALLFUN discount promo we are running , but we thought this was a real winner. What we have today is an adapter that allows you to run an S-Can (FC-130) style motor in your Carrera 1/24 cars. We have designed this adapter to use either endbell or can output shafts and even reuses your existing hardware! Fitment is rock solid and only takes a few min to install. The obvious advantage to running this type of motor is that they are designed to run at 12V. As we all know, most everything else is set up for that voltage range (cars and tracks both) and it's a lot easier to adapt a couple of cars than everything else. Let's be honest, the options for the FC-130 motors are significantly more abundant too. At $5 each (and less in volume) with 20% OFF, you can't go wrong! See the pics and check us out @ Devis3D Designs

Awesome!

Comment

Hey gang! We sorta snuck this one in without any 'coming soon' announcement, so...SURPRISE! D3D is the first to offer a motor adapter for your Carrera 1/24 scale cars!

Many of you know that the Carrera 124 cars come with an 18V motor, which for those of us who do not have 18V available, the cars are a bit on the slower side. I didn't mind this much as the big cars acted a lot like the old HO Tjets. Not any more! You can install your favorite 12V go fast motor and take that lumbering dog to a racing beauty!

For testing, I installed a Carrera E500 motor and at 10V the car was a very fun drive. While not a bullet, it was twice as fast as the stock version and acceleration and braking was equal or better.

All the stock components are still used including the motor screws though they are not required. Simply unsolder the leads from the stock motor, solder it to your replacement motor, snap the motor in the adapter, the adapter into the Carrera pod, and reassemble.

Comment

What a great idea guys.
        Now I can actually get my 24 scale Carreras some track time.
        I never cared for dust collectors anyway.
        Thanks for, the great new product.
        Bob

Comment

Really not sure why Carrera didn't think of this but hey their loss is your gain!
          Excellent idea!
          Bob do I sense a new class suggestion?

Comment

Thank you, gentleman. Let us know what you think of them once you receive them.

Comment

F1 that would be a great new class wouldnt it,, but all our 3 lane tracks would only be good for 2 cars lol.
              Oh wait a minute dont we know a professional track builder . Hehehe
              Bob

Comment

Great idea but to compete against my mates racing BRM or MSC 1/24 cars, i would prefer an adaptor that allows to fit a standard long can motor such as a NSR King.

I use a Racegold chassis, similar to Carrera I think, and the motor seems to be a Buhler one, bigger and different from a standard long can.

Is that kind of adaptor existing ?

Comment

@ LanciaB We don't currently have a long can adapter available, but that is exactly the types of ideas we love to hear from you guys. I can add it to the list!

Comment

You're welcome TardyBob.
                    Keep us informed !

Comment

Installed the part to my first 1/24 car, and have to say, money well spent. I've posted in the past about what brand motor to use at lower voltage since my power supply stops at 15v, and now the door is wide open. It's weird seeing a 1/24 go around the track when you are so use to seeing a 1/32.

Comment

Originally posted by Scatman1 View Post
                        Installed the part to my first 1/24 car, and have to say, money well spent. I've posted in the past about what brand motor to use at lower voltage since my power supply stops at 15v, and now the door is wide open. It's weird seeing a 1/24 go around the track when you are so use to seeing a 1/32.
                        Great to hear about another satisfied customer. I was talking to a buddy last night and told him he needed to check these out. The D124 cars are fun at 15V, but this adds a whole new level of fun!

Comment

Just in case you missed it, we now have an instructional video for our Carrera D124 motor adapter. This video not only shows you how to install it, but also how to remove the motor from the adapter should you ever want/need to swap it out.

Check it out here: http://www.devis3ddesigns.com/Carrer...stallation.MOV
                          Last edited by bibbster; 11-17-2014, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Last day for the $3 Carrera adapters with our Fan Fueled Friday Deal this weekend. Great time to give these a try on the cheap! Details in case you missed them.

Comment

Video is dead...

What are the specifics on the screws? Looks like there are 4 used...

Comment

Working...
                              X