X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera App Connect info

Link to the landing page for the App with a video:
    http://www.carrera-toys.com//us/prod...ce-management/

Also we just got this set in with the App already in it.

Pretty sweet Dave.

Looks like you can set up all the stuff on a phone or iPad instead of using the buttons on the control unit. Makes it pretty intuitive.

Does having this mean that you do not actually need the start light, driver displays, position tower and lap counter?

I am sure you do need the pit lane for refueling.

I like it.

Comment

The App does do all the functions of the other accessories but unless you have the Race Control master screen viewable by the drivers they won't see the info being displayed (unless that is they all have their own slaved devices showing their own info).

Comment

So how does it work. Is it a new black box with BLE added?

Comment

It's a Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the PC unit port on the CU.

Comment

This looks cool but I'm afraid I can't afford the associated upgrades right now it would require. I have a BB, so I would need to replace that with my CU. I also have a lap count that plugs into the BB. Would I be able to continue using it? Does the CU detect when a car goes over it, like my current lap counter? If not I am wondering if I would have to replace my lap counter. If I only have to get a CU and the bluetooth adapter then I hope I could afford this next year.

Comment

This replaces your lap counter. You would not, nor could you, use them both. You would need the CU, the App Connect device, and a compatible mobile device (cell phone or tablet) to run the software.

Comment

Thanks. So I could sell my BB and lap counter and not have to use a track separate from the CU for a lap counter, giving me a little more flexibility in my track setup.

Comment

To repeat a race that i just completed in the Quick Start Racing Mode, the reset does not seem to want to resync the iPhone and control unit start sequence (countdown lights sand tones) simultaneously. One rests, but not both. So after a few laps I realize laps and times are not being counted. The lap position tower is not functioning either.

To get all devices resync'd correctly , I to turn off the control unit and create a new competition on the phone. It would seem that a simple restart would properly reset all devices - I must be doing something wrong? Any help?

Comment

Dave Kennedy

Are there any plans within Carrera to develop the app and track interface to work on Analog set ups - similar to the Scalextric ARC One system? The Scaley system has a track piece that has the car sensors and blue tooth system built into it, so that is the only new track element required to have a working App with laptimer and race functions. I have been hopeful that Carrera would develop something similar for those of us with Analog set ups.

Cheers RvE

Comment

Yes i'm aware of what Scalex does, however I'm not able to say "what we might do"... I'm never able to really answer ahead of what might be shown/announced during Toy Fair in Germany (which is February each year) which is where all annual product announcements are made.

Comment

Originally posted by perrotoro View Post
                        To repeat a race that i just completed in the Quick Start Racing Mode, the reset does not seem to want to resync the iPhone and control unit start sequence (countdown lights sand tones) simultaneously. One rests, but not both. So after a few laps I realize laps and times are not being counted. The lap position tower is not functioning either.

To get all devices resync'd correctly , I to turn off the control unit and create a new competition on the phone. It would seem that a simple restart would properly reset all devices - I must be doing something wrong? Any help?
                        The simple answer is no and no.

Comment

When updating firmware with the app connect
                          I lose connection at around 15% when itís updating
                          I have an iOS device iPhone 6 , update on my phone is 11.0.3
                          After the update on the app connect failed nothing works . What do I do ? help

Comment

Here is a full description of the Carrera App part
                            http://www.carreraslots.com/pdf/app_step_by_step.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by legrandnormand View Post
                              Here is a full description of the Carrera App part
                              http://www.carreraslots.com/pdf/app_step_by_step.pdf
                              Thanks for the link , my problem is when I go to the settings on the app to update the CU it crashes after 15% when itís downloading . Now nothing works and all the accessories are not functioning. Is there a way to reset the CU.

Comment

Working...
                              X