Scalextrics 2015............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextrics 2015............

The whole 2015 range will be released on the 22 December, but Scalextric has shown a couple of teasers

Any guesses on which F1 team this is? Looks like they've finally retooled the F1 cars!

Could be fun!

Looks like Mercedes to me.
    The carts look cool.

Steve

Comment

Yes definitely the Mercedes. Hopefully they are adding some new F1 cars. Ive seen them dropping some hints on twitter about a Martini Williams! That would be great!

Comment

A Javelin would be a nice surprise!

Comment

More "Legends" please --- that McLaren M7 is just drop dead gorgeous!!!

Steve

Comment

They could both be Lewis Hamilton cars..

..and I'm also in the "I sure hope they do a Javelin" group..
            Last edited by turbokev; 12-16-2014, 05:04 AM.

Comment

For Stan Mott fans: a Cyclops Mk. 2. Special editions commemorating Cyclops' wins at the Targo Florio, the Indy 500 and the East African Safari Rally. Google "Cyclops car" for more info on the 1:1 version of this iconic car.

For P.J. O'Rourke fans: a Denbeigh Super Chauvinst Mk. IV.

Planned release date for both is April 1, 2015.

Those of you who were readers of Road and Track in the 1950's thru the 1970's and Car and Driver back in the 1960's will remember these great classics!.
              Last edited by J. D. Clampett Racing; 12-19-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

This is what you get googling Cyclops car.

Not sure i'd want a slot car of that.

Comment

Yin and Yang

Well, love seeing the Legends sets --the Brabham looks great --as does the Monaco 49 --however, Andretti missing in action with the 49C which means we won't get that 'mold' to do any more Hill, Oliver or Rindt cars!!

And Tony Trimmer --nice man but do I need his 1-off appearance in a 72? As opposed to, let's say Fittipaldi's USGP winner? Or another 72E? Maybe somebody has heard of Peterson? And while I love having all of Bruce's drives, doesn't World Champion Denny Hulme deserve a model?

Hopefully, the resin builders will also be busy!

Thanks for the Cooper and Camaro re-issue (needed DPR badly for this one!) Lots of GT cars --amazing how many liveries you can get with the McLaren!!!

Well, I'll be putting in my pre-orders --but not quite as excited as I was --this time last year..

Steve

Comment

The re-issue of the Penske Trans-Am Camaro is great news.

Comment

Totally stoked about the Brabham but the biggest news from Scalextric is the PCR chassis - see here - http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...652#post880652

Comment

whoops

Yes, I missed that first time through....

Comment

Yes, major game changer for the industry - possibly......

http://www.scalextric.com/cars/pro-chassis-ready.html

I suspect it all comes down to price....

Down here, a lot of the 'premium' Scaleys are less than $10 - cheaper than slot.its, so what price can you imagine these PCR Scaleys are going to retail for?

I can see a great appeal as a club class in the future though - once there is a range of cars to choose from - all that is announced so far are McLaren's and BMW Z4's....

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

I got the e-mail about the probable new listings a day or so ago. The chassis is of some interest, but as far as anything else is concerned, you all will be taking up the slack for me. I am mildly interested in the Donohue Camaro but I have a clean one of the previous release and also am mildly interested in the Moffatt Cougar, but I already have a couple of the big Cats.

Comment

The PCR chassis... are they admitting their parts aren't so good after all? Can I just buy a body or do I also need to buy a car full of these parts that I'll replace with a new chassis and better parts?

Comment

Working...
                              X