New D124 set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New D124 set

So this set just arrived today at the Carrera of America warehouse.
    It features an exclusive Ferrari only available in this set. This set has the radius 2 and 3 curves which makes this set the largest figure-8 set we've made.
    The #23617 D124 Racing Passion set:
    9,2m / 30ft lap length
    Content of box: - Chevrolet Corvette C7R/Ferrari 458 GT3 "Clearwater"(ONLY IN SET)
    - CONTROL UNIT, WIRELESS- Controller
    - Double Switch, curves 2/30 and 3/30, guardrails, supports

That Ferrari is sweet Dave. And I am sure someone will find a way to add those cool nose lights. Any shots of the car from all angles? We missed you out at Area 51 this year btw.

Comment

These are the official photos. I won't have the Ferrari because it's only in the set and I don't get any samples of "set only" cars to take photos of since... well.. they're only in the set

Comment

You could make a great track with this set' just buy 10 or so straights off ebay used and turn this into a really nice layout ' throw in a chicane set and WOW. Cars are really nice to. Indybob

Comment

Great set, I am glad they have radius 2-3 turns in the set. The cars are wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordboss302 View Post
            Great set, I am glad they have radius 2-3 turns in the set. The cars are wonderful.
            Mark....you need this....

Comment

Why set only

Dave,

It is all well and good to make a special car to induce new racers, but what about us old timers that have had sets for years and do not need any more track and bits.

Why not also release in general the "special car", like in this set and the 1/24 Porsche 917, 6 months or a year later so the LOYAL Carrera people can have a shot at them, and not pay "robber" prices to get one from broken sets?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by WRW13 View Post
                Dave,

It is all well and good to make a special car to induce new racers, but what about us old timers that have had sets for years and do not need any more track and bits.

Why not also release in general the "special car", like in this set and the 1/24 Porsche 917, 6 months or a year later so the LOYAL Carrera people can have a shot at them, and not pay "robber" prices to get one from broken sets?

Bill
                Because there would be no point to making it only in a set. I personally don't like the idea of set only cars but it's something that has always been done in the toy industry.

Comment

I hear you but it sucks for those of us that have permenant layouts and dont need the track pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by WRW13 View Post
                    Dave,
                    Bill
                    Bill I noticed the just the pair of cars on German eBay already. Price wasn't outrageous if I recall but I don't remember the price.

Dave

Comment

Too bad the Corvette was not made to be the "#4" Team car then we could have 2 new set cars!

Comment

Decals are cheap, just put em right over top the tampo..

Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X