D124 BMW M1 Procars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D124 BMW M1 Procars

Both of the new D124 BMW M1 Procars to show today. These are production samples of the cars that will arrive by the end of January/beginning of February.
    Regazzoni No.28-23820
    BASF No.80-23821

Link to the website with the cars:
    http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/produ.../autos/page-2/

Dave

no crash damage pics from the narrowly missed trip to the floor??

cars look great - can't wait

Ed

Comment

LOL.. no Ed I grabbed the car just as the nose rolled off the edge so the car never actually was in flight to the floor Although I can tell you experience the wing on the M1 is quite strong if you might have to grab it while the car slowly rolls off your workbench towards the cement floor while you're photographing it...

Comment

Oh my!!!!

Comment

Great cars! Love the BASF!

Comment

wow.

I had a feeling these would be good based on the recent quality of the 1/24 range over the last 2 years, but these are stunning..

They would look good as shelf queens.

What are they like size wise compared to other 1/24s? Are they slightly smaller like the other classics (GT40/917/512S/ stingrays etc)

Comment

Beautiful cars for sure!

Not a criticism. I would have liked the BBS wheels a little better, again, not a criticism. The pre production artist renderings had the BBS style wheels.

Dave, any idea why they chose that wheel instead of the BBS deep dish style wheel?

Last edited by carlosinseattle; 12-30-2015, 12:21 PM. Reason: Added picture

Comment

Originally posted by carlosinseattle View Post
                Beautiful cars for sure!

Not a criticism. I would have liked the BBS wheels a little better, again, not a criticism. The pre production artist renderings had the BBS style wheels.

Dave, any idea why they chose that wheel instead of the BBS deep dish style wheel?

I hadnt actually noticed that until you pointed that out Carlos. I`d imagine these wheels are probably a bit easier to make, but they always say that things can change from original impression/artwork to cover themselves.

I quite like the `aero` look.

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psrqqykybb.jpg

Absolutely Stunning!!! Well worth the wait. I have to agree with Carlos though. The wheels do not do the car justice.

Dave

Comment

I think both of these cars are great, The wheels are a little strange but I do not want all my wheels to look similar so I can live with them.

Comment

Wheels match the photos of the #28 car in 1:1.

Majority of photos of 1:1 #80 BASF car show it with red lace BBS wheels with a silver lip. I suspect that style would be a real beast to mold and retain any of the lace detail. Maybe the D124 version doesn't have the "right" wheels, but they are not wildly inappropriate either.

Works for me. So many interesting liveries are possible with this body mold. Looking forward to what will be next.

Good work, Dave!

Comment

The Fly car came out with these wheels

Credit Miveson for the photo

Comment

Maybe we'll get lucky and they're like the 57 Chevy wheels where they had steel wheels under the hub caps??

Bruce

Comment

I always thought the white with diagonal stripes livery to be particularly striking on the M1. Great looking cars, both.

Comment

I've always liked the procar body work more than the radical group 5 flares.

Comment

Working...
                              X