SCI's Nürnberg Toyfair Coverage!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCI's Nürnberg Toyfair Coverage!!!!!

Mr. Smith is hard at work in Germany uploading photos.... some great looking Racer photos are going up now! Check it out a cool Chappy 2E! what a nice model.

check out the SCI gallery of the Toyfair!
    Last edited by DaveKennedy; 02-01-2007, 11:23 AM.

Some nice stuff coming from Racer there.

Comment

Racer cars... WOW!!!

Mein Gott!

Man, are those Racer cars beautiful!!! Oh God, please make them sell them cheaper!!!

Great show documenting the "toys" in Nuremberg, Alan!!! Have a coupla bananas on me and a pint of lager too !!! No really, thanx Alan; great pics!!!

Thanx for the heads-up Dave!

Cheers!
      BigDog

Comment

work?

hi gang

gotta love the apple car - even used the 'charcoal' font for the driver's names! think steve jobs knows about slot cars? someone should send him an email! maybe we can get it in the next pixar movie ..

i was thinkin' alan .. if that is hard work .. and you need a day off .. call me .. for a plane ticket .. always happy to lend a hand

keep that nikon clickin' ..

pete
        Last edited by SlotNovice; 02-01-2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

my word.......
          there's no way that Porsche is as shiny as the 1:1 car was.......

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
            Mein Gott!

Man, are those Racer cars beautiful!!! Oh God, please make them sell them cheaper!!!

Cheers!
            BigDog
            Please make them in 1/32 scale! 1/27 is not "close enough."

Comment

"think steve jobs knows about slot cars? someone should send him an email!"

only if you want the slot car to cost $500.00. or maybe to send Racer to the international trade commission.

Comment

Hi guys. Spoke to Alan this morning and about 1/2 an hour ago. He says "Hello to everyone". He has 300 more images, just from today that he's going to try to upload to the gallery tonight. Manufacturers covered are Scalextric, Ninco, Slot.it and I think SCX. He's dealing with a dodgy internet connection, so I hope that goes well for him.

More to come tomorrow!!!!!

Comment

Clicky for a slideshow of toy fair images.

Great photos in there! Alfa-riffic!
                  Last edited by dr vanski; 02-01-2007, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Ahhh, very slick Van. Was wondering about it before with just the two pics. But, I see you've been hard at work now.

So everyone knows the good Dr. has grouped all of the images by manufacturer in to a complete slideshow. Very nice.

I'm going to start threads for each manufacturer so that we can discuss each on their own while not killing those that are on dial up with a ton of images in one thread.

Comment

Racer – Hard to Resist

Hello Everyone –

Just when I was done feeding my Racer Ferrari addiction (8 total), they go and make the 312 coupe! I'm gonna start setting some money aside for both of them. I'm just surprise that FLY didn't make this car.

The Slot.it McLaren look great, except for the wheels – they look terrible! I'm real surprised by this, because Slot.it has been so accurate with other details... FLY's versions of the OZ rims look much better.

Regards!

Mike

Comment

The Slot it stuff looks great, but I want to see the new vented Boxer motor and the controllers. The Ninco stuff looks really good, Schlesser Buggy, 911 RSR, and we haven't even seen the new Ascari GT (it's nice)! Is the RSR an angle winder?? Hope so! They are also making a Hummer H2, not sure why? I would also like to see some pics of the Racer 935 race kit? Keep up the great work, Alan!!

Comment

Message from Alan

Alan called just after our Thursday night races here at 132 Slot Car Raceway, and he asked me to post an update here.

He's taking hundreds of pics, but so far it has been difficult to get them uploaded. At around 4 AM at his hotel room, he was on a pay-by-the-minute dial-up connection, and only able to upload 5 pics at a time.... verrrrrrrry slow, and ringing up the bill.

At the Toy Fair, he said there will be high speed internet, so hopefully he will get hooked up and have time to upload more pics while he's there today.

Also - please be patient, as Alan has his cell phone, but can not answer all calls as international roaming rates will apply, and he will be very busy snapping pics most of the time.

Meanwhile - here's a link to the 2007 Toy Fair Photo Galleries:

http://slotcarillustrated.com/v-web/gallery/Nurnberg_Toy_Fair_2007

He's headed back to the Toy Fair - more pics coming soon!

- Paul K
                          - reporting from 132slotcar / SCI HQ on Alan's PC
                          Alan Smith
                          SCI Owner.
                          www.scaleracing.com
                          www.slotcarillustrated.com
                          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by monquispot View Post
                            "think steve jobs knows about slot cars? someone should send him an email!"

only if you want the slot car to cost $500.00. or maybe to send Racer to the international trade commission.
                            If Mac made slot cars they would never crash! They would be overpriced, they would overheat, and would be impossible to repair for under the replacement cost. Plus, they would not run on Microsoft track. But the handling would be excellent.

Now, if MS made slot cars, they would crash, freeze, and lock up if you looked at the cross-eyed. They would come with all sorts of add-ons that you could not delete. There would be annoying cartoon characters on the edges, including a dog and a paperclip. asking you, "do you want help to go fast?". They would not run on Mac track. They would drive themselves, unless you disabled that function. If you could figure out how.

Comment

Hello

Great photos and I particularly like the Scalextric Ferrari 375 and the Slot.It Porsche 956 "Schiesser". Having said that, I'm still waiting for the Scalextric McLaren/Ferrari combo and the Slot.It "Martini" Lancia, which were announced last year.

I'll be interested in seeing some of the new SCX 1/43 scale cars.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X