MRRC Nurnberg 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRRC Nurnberg 2007

Highlights from MRRC's showing at the Toy Fair.

Click here to see more images in the MRRC Gallery.

Ford GT40 MK IV
    Another American legend. This one will be priced for the masses though. Available sometime mid/late-year.

re:Ford GT

Whoa Boy! That one will be a hot seller! There are a few guys(me too) I know wanting one. Way to go MRRC!
    Slotpoor
    Last edited by slotpoor; 02-02-2007, 03:38 PM. Reason: change

Comment

With all the Scaly P-3,4's out there, the Ford MK 4 will be a huge seller. Put me down for 6!
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post
        With all the Scaly P-3,4's out there, the Ford MK 4 will be a huge seller. Put me down for 6!
        Dan
        I think the Ford factory only made 3. Weren't the cars in fact rebodied from the previous year? Here's hoping more clubs will set up classes for this awesome era of racing.

Comment

Ford GT 40 Mark IV

Chatted with MRRC today,

they plan on several different configurations of this car.

story has it they ran a Higher Downforce version in practice to try and improve handling.

MRRC plan on releasing this version in a boxed pair with a Chaparral.

Still trying to load more images right now, keeps timing out so very slow and lack of sleep catching up.

Hope the photos look good.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

gee what happened to da one

that diecast company was promising every year

is it possible mrrc will go back to standard can for this mark 4 ?

Comment

Sure after I shell out some good dough on an LMM Mark IV someone has to come out with one. Well thats ok. Just wish the Cheetah and 935 come out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dr vanski View Post
                I think the Ford factory only made 3. Weren't the cars in fact rebodied from the previous year?
                The Mk IV was a unique honeycomb chassis- nothing in common with the previous Ford GT's.

There were four Mk IV's run in the 1967 24 hours of LeMans. There are 5 racing liveries (not counting LeMans test) and a beautiful red, white and blue press presentation version.

I believe that there were at least 12 J-chassis built. Some were spares and not made into full cars until recently for vintage racing.

J-6 is the LeMans winner (Housed at the Henry Ford museum) and J-4 is the Sebring winner (last I knew it was privately owned). The Sebring winner has unique brake ducting on the nose, only one NACA duct on top, and rounded sides on the chassis where the LeMans cars chassis bottoms were squared.

I have never seen a photo or real life Mk IV with the spoked wheels of the MRRC example. All of the Mk IV wheels I have ever seen have been of the turbine style. There are a lot of small details on the LeMans cars that are not immediately obvious. I am glad that MRRC apparently got the detail of the FIA luggage compartment on the rear deck correct for the LeMans cars.
                Last edited by MG Brown; 02-02-2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

First I hear Slot.It will make the Alfa T33. Then I hear SCX will make a new Aston Martin DBR9 in a hot paint scheme. Now a GT Mk IV. R10's and Porsche RS Spyders all over the place. A Slot.It McLaren longtail. Fly set to make a vintage F1 car.

It's all so good, I'm afraid my head will explode.

Comment

I think the Mk IV's were rebuilds of the J car, and new cars. They worked well, and won in 1967.

Comment

I too bought the LMM #1 Mark IV and have the #2 car on order. However, I will get all the MRRC versions and keep the LMM ones for display.

There were twelve J chassis produced. J-1 and J-2 were the "J-Car" and was nicknamed the Breadvan (Maxi-Models makes a nice resin slot version). It met the new "J" rules from 1967. However, the car was unstable and Ken Miles died testing J-2 at Riverside.

J-3 was a LeMans test car
                      J-4 won Sebring Andretti/McLaren
                      J-5 4th place LeMans McLaren/Donohue
                      J-6 Winner LeMans Gurney/Foyt
                      J-7 LeMans DNF - Andretti/Bianchi (crash)
                      J-8 LeMans DNF - Hulme/Ruby
                      J-9 Test car converted to G7-A Can Am configuration
                      J-10 Converted to G7-A Can Am configuration and raced
                      J-11 Spare tub later built up to Mark IV in 1980s
                      J-12 Spare tub later built up to Mark IV in 1980s

There has always been confusion about the LeMans winner chassis number. I have books indicating J-5 and J-6. More state J-6.

Regardless, the MRRC cars will be a great addition to this LeMan's fan...
                      Last edited by Bonez; 02-02-2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Great info Bonez.

Comment

Alan, you're doing a hell of a job, mate ...

Comment

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/kazooracer/Henry%20Ford%20Museum/DS

Originally posted by The_Stickman View Post
                            Sure after I shell out some good dough on an LMM Mark IV someone has to come out with one. Well thats ok. Just wish the Cheetah and 935 come out soon.
                            I know how you feel. I've had a LMM version that I've been tinkering with off and on for a few months, and now this happens. Who wants to bet that they save my favorite version for last?

Last edited by Kazooracer; 02-03-2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

All right!!! This is what i have been awaiting for years now! However, MRRc promised us re-issues of Revell Camaros and Firebirds, if memory serves me correctly, but never were issued. MRRC also promised us the Cheetah, but nothing yet.......the Chappies did get released, and are terrific, so my hopes are high for this release. Count me in for 1 of each for display, some to race too! No traction magnet racing, of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X