• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the original chappie is shown again at show

is mrrc going to release it again
    cause one of best slots made

Comment

Gorp,

I think the photo is in the wrong gallery. Looks like a photo from the Revellogram booth to me:

Comment

Uhhh...yep that was my mistake. I've moved so many images I can't see straight anymore. I've corrected it.

Comment

Mrrc figures?

I noticed some new packaging for their figures and alot of unpainted people posed around their cars.Are they starting up production again? I for one hope so! Snakebit

Comment

Originally posted by MG Brown View Post
            I believe that there were at least 12 J-chassis built. Some were spares and not made into full cars until recently for vintage racing.
            Some were used in canam cars & jcar cars.

Originally posted by MG Brown View Post
            J-6 is the LeMans winner (Housed at the Henry Ford museum) and J-4 is the Sebring winner (last I knew it was privately owned). The Sebring winner has unique brake ducting on the nose, only one NACA duct on top, and rounded sides on the chassis where the LeMans cars chassis bottoms were squared.
            I think you will find the LeMans winner was J-5 which is Housed at the Henry Ford museum as J-6 doesn't have the lower seat to fit Dan Gurney.

Comment

Lovely...blooming lovely. MRRC don't release much but it's selectively perfecto

Comment

I remember the red car pictured from the museum. Hope it comes out.

Comment

Now that's a GT40 I realy like!

Comment

J cars

Hi guys
                    Just a bit of information J11 and J12 were built up as Mark IV's in the 1980's by Brian Angliss.
                    The two tubs had no chassis numbers assigned to them. I believe the two cars owners at the time were using the chassis number J12 for both cars. There was no J11. I think that has probably been resolved.
                    Here's back to the MRRC White with Blue stripes presentation car is the J12 of Rod Leach fame in the 1980's I think it was sold to a new owner in Arizona who I think fitted air conditioning. So its not an actual car with any racing or period history.
                    J3 is the Test car with the Chapparal in the set. And this car is not to be confused with the Sebring winner J4 as it has the same yellow with black stripes colour scheme but with fins testing it speed stablity along the Mulsanne straight.
                    Again the Ford GT program was the name of Ford's commitnment to win Le Mans with an all American car and team. Which they did in 1967 with the Ford MKIV and Dan Gurney/A J Foyt.
                    Just a point the MKIV was a development of the J car. Although its a variant of
                    the GT40 its not a forty and apart from it engine and transmission and maybe suspension its a totally new car. Besides its overall height is 38.5 inches!
                    There are external differences between the two teams cars at the 1967 Le Mans. The Shelby cars had ID lights in the windscreens the winner Red J6 had Orange and the Yellow J5 4th placed car had Green The side windows were different from the Holman and Moody teams cars J6 and J7. The Holmans cars had a small grill on the doors and a central raise spoiler.
                    Regards Allan

Comment

Working...
                    X