Fly Nurnberg 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fly

Open wheel March!!!!!!!!! yah hooooo....... Does this mean Fly is dipping it's toe into the vintage open wheel market????? I can only hope.

Comment

Fly have some absolutely daft stuff coming out this year, but the Psh 935 is stunning. No doubt they'll do something stupid like release the Jagermeister as a limited edition for twice the price, but they deserve a pat on the back for undercutting Racer's joke prices with a, no doubt, much better looking model and a far better racing machine.

Comment

The beauty of doing the march 761 is that there a number of different liveries that can be done. One of the problems with making F1 cars is that there are usually very few different liveries associated with a particular car. In this case though there can be (in order of my personal preference): Beta tools, "Chinese" March driven at Long Beach by Ronnie Peterson, First National City Travelers Checks (winner at Monza with Ronnie Peterson), John Day Model Cars, etc.

Comment

Vintage open wheels series

That's a great idea : I hope Lotus 72 is the next : many liveries as well.
          Scaley are releasing gorgeous little vintage F1s, but there is room for another manufacturer, do I hope FLY will go for it, and be able to keep the diminutive lines of the actual F1s of that period, not like their 908s that were ridiculously oversize...

As regards the 935, I've never been a big fan of Group5 cars, and the Racer one is impressive as regards accuracy and details. I did not buy any BMW CSL for example, nor the Capris. But a well done 935 with FLY prices could well tempt me more...

What a great time for slot cars enthousiasts anyway, with all these manufacturers issuing better and better products all the time !

Comment

Working...
          X