Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carrera Nurnberg 2007 ~ SCI Exclusive!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work on the photos and thank you for taking the time and making the effort to gain access for photos. A lot of great things from all the manufacturers. More neat toy cars (and who knows, maybe even digital in a year or so) for this old man !

BTW, hotter motors in the rods have not resulted in winning rods on my 50' home track. Smooth accels from the stock motors are the better racers. But on the big oval, yes indeed it makes a big difference. Don't forget these are 18V motors, not 12V.

Comment

At 18v, I clocked 14,460 RPM. That is about the same speed as an SCX RX-41, or a Ninco NC-1 motor (on 12v), which probably is appropriate for these cars.

Comment

[quote=LSIntegra94;112485]Please remember that these are Slot Car Illustrated exclusive images. These images are not to be reused under any circumstances./quote]

I've been noticing more often that a few people over at the "other" forum have been snapping up pictures from SCI, placing them in their own photobucket galleries, and reposting them on the other forum. You might want to think about watermarking "SCI exclusive" photos in the future.

Ever since I found a picture I took took of the U-505 in Chicago reposted on a U-boat enthusiast's site without my permsission, I've made it a habit to watermark new pictures and I've been going back and adding them to shots I've already posted.

Comment

Thank you Kazooracer. Unfortunately, this is fairly common practice on a few sites. You can only hope that people respect your property. So everyone knows the only sites that are allowed to reuse our images are Dave Kennedy's SCN, Slotcenter and Foroslot. I've considered watermarking in the past. But, many feel that it ruins the image. I know that it can be done in a manner that is less obtrusive. But, this usually means manual editing. When your rushing to get 1500 images online and cataloged, manual editing is out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by LSIntegra94 View Post
            When your rushing to get 1500 images online and cataloged, manual editing is out of the question.
            That's what used to keep me from doing it too until I realized Irfanview could do batch editing. That's how I watermarked all the pictures in this gallery:

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p...ars%20as%20Art

It's just an idea. No matter what you do there are always people who will steal images, but it's at least an option when you've got time.

Comment

carrera

Did Carrera forget about us vintage sports guys? No new offerings? Not even another Jaguar D? Sorry to be such a sad sack

Comment

Revell-Monogram and MRRC will get our business this year.

Comment

RE: Vintage

Originally posted by panzerpilot View Post
                  Did Carrera forget about us vintage sports guys? No new offerings? Not even another Jaguar D? Sorry to be such a sad sack
                  I fully expect Carrera to some kind of re-liveries, they usually do, they just don't factor them into their yearly announcements.

Comment

Was the Ferrari 250 GT, ever supposed to be released in 1/32?

Comment

Originally posted by SiRCRX63 View Post
                      Was the Ferrari 250 GT, ever supposed to be released in 1/32?
                      Not that I know anything for sure, but it might be like the Ferrari 330/P4 or the Porsche Carrera 6, which also only exist in the 1/24 scale for Carrera. (1/32 for both are made by Scaley and Fly respectively).

Man am I glad I waited on the digital thing and didn't buy PRO-X. Dave K's blog indicates there are compatibility problems, besides the new system looks much more versatile. I may go digital this year too!

Comment

News from Carrera covered here.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...980#post112980
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.slotcarillustrated.com
                        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

1/43

Did you see any new 1/43 scale go cars alan?
                          thanks

Comment

Actually that is Mario and Wario (his Evil Twin) KidDiff1 just got Marko Kart for his GameBoy and he taught me the difference between the two.

Originally posted by LSIntegra94 View Post

snip

Mario Kart
                            My favorite Carrea Go! set

Mario and Luigi are looking pretty good there.
                            This might even get my wife into slot cars.

Comment

Argh.....you learn something new everyday. Thanks DrDiff & KidDiff1.

Comment

BMWs look superb, but those wings have a 2-hour shelf life and Carrera/Retailers are often hopeless at getting spares on the shelves.

Rest of the stuff is...sometimes oddball

Comment

Working...
                                X