B.R.M. Nurnberg 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.R.M. Nurnberg 2007

If you remember from a few weeks ago you will recognize these cars. The news is that they have left the Tamiya kits behind and now have a proprietary body for their slot cars. They have also switched to a plastic chassis.

Click here to see more images in the B.R.M. Gallery.

FROM A

Advan

These are beautiful!!! Where can I get some???

Comment

These are beautiful!!! Where can I get some??? Not sure what B.R.M stands for. Is it a company or club?

Comment

Certainly looks like a good solid slot-car; I wonder ,though ,if the proprietary body is "borrowed" from a Tamiya casting? In any case, sign me up for one or more!

Comment

Those are not slot cars,those are automobiles!

Comment

The BRM bodies are not Tamiya. I have some of the Tamiya 962c cars, and the rear wing is different. The details of the bodies look to be at least as good as the Tamiya bodies, and that says a lot.

Attached is a photo of the Tamiya wind so that the differences can be seen.

Now having said all that; I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Bill

Comment

This is their own tooling

I hope to supply more News soon on these stunning cars.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I believe we covered this in another thread- some of the BRM Porsches appear to be Hasegawa static kit bodies and some appear to be Tamiya RC bodies.

Their website shows both kinds.

Comment

Are these in 1/24?

Comment

The BRM Cars are 1/24 scale.

These will come as Painted and Tampo Printed Kits.

I asked who's bodies are these, they say they are their own tooling now not Tamiya or Hasegawa body kits.

More news soon.
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.slotcarillustrated.com
                    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan,

Now for the big, $64 questions:

1. Any idea when they might be available?

2. Who will sell/distribute them? In the US, or only EU initially?

3. And the biggest question, any idea of pricing?

Best,

Bill

Comment

WRW13,

The distributor will be a Cincy slot dealer who currently deals in mainly Carrera slot cars.

Price will be in the lower $100.00 range.

I read that he hopes to have them in by spring.

SS
                        Last edited by SouthernSlotter; 02-09-2007, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Alan: I hope that you are right that BRM will be making their own bodies, but I would not be surprised if the prototype photos on their web site are as I have indicated.

Both the Hasegawa and Tamiya 962's have some distinguishing features that are apparent in these photos. I have built and have several unassembled Hasegawa and Tamiya 962 kits in my stash of plastic kits that match these photos.

Comment

Some interesting modelling news

Originally posted by MG Brown View Post
                            Alan: I hope that you are right that BRM will be making their own bodies, but I would not be surprised if the prototype photos on their web site are as I have indicated.

Both the Hasegawa and Tamiya 962's have some distinguishing features that are apparent in these photos. I have built and have several unassembled Hasegawa and Tamiya 962 kits in my stash of plastic kits that match these photos.

Interesting clue here is to know that Tamiya has announced the re- release of some of its Group C kits pre painted (like the Porsche 911 GT1, DTM merc and Opel)....
                            And Hasegawa has announced the re- release of some of its Group C kits as well.

Now if I was a starting slot manufacturer and could save me some 200.000$ in tooling costs for injection molded bodies, would I still press on and make my own

Comment

This could give 1/24 true-scale, current-era racing a shot in the arm. I can see running these cars as-is, or creating hybrids with TSRF parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X