MRRC New Cars and lots of other stuff at Nurnberg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRRC New Cars and lots of other stuff at Nurnberg

More loading as we speak, sleep, type ...............................................
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

MRRC making controllers again? That takes me back a few decades! Anyone else remember the blue MRRC plunger-type controllers from the 1960's? That was my first controller upgrade from the ones that came with my Strombecker set.

Comment

J.D. I think I saw one of them for sale on eBay - do a search for MRRC Controller

cheers
        DM

Comment

The Mk IV and the 910 are calling my name...

It's good to see MRRC pulling these things together!

Comment

How do these compare to other brands? The MKIv looks nice - how will it compare to the NSR one - on price and performance?

cheers
            DM

Comment

Originally posted by J. D. Clampett Racing View Post
              MRRC making controllers again? That takes me back a few decades! Anyone else remember the blue MRRC plunger-type controllers from the 1960's? That was my first controller upgrade from the ones that came with my Strombecker set.
              Yup! Went from the Strombecker at home to the MRRC at Steele's Hobby in Niagara Falls, On. What an improvement!
              Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post
                The Mk IV and the 910 are calling my name...

It's good to see MRRC pulling these things together!

What he said!!

Comment

Originally posted by dangermouse View Post
                  How do these compare to other brands? The MKIv looks nice - how will it compare to the NSR one - on price and performance?
                  Compared to NSR, I'd expect these to be half the price, and half the performance.

I've never been that impressed with MRRC running gear, but I don't know if they've made any improvements there.

Comment

If it's like earlier, but recent MRRC-Revell-Monogram releases, it will have the inline, dropped motor Sebring chassis with a modest-power, 19k slim can. This is more of a vintage-racer philosophy, not a beat-Slot.It philosophy. No distortions of the body for speed, not slammed, but in-scale, with scale tires and wheels.

Unconfirmed: The Toyota LB Turbo is coming through with metal wheels, in race trim, and might be a very fast car (sidewinder, regular-size motor).
                    Last edited by Robert Livingston; 02-09-2009, 06:40 AM.

Comment

First I see Ford and it looks not right. So look to photographs and not so bad. Even headlights look OK. Believe even the number of fasteners for windows is correct.

Comment

The MRRC/Scaleauto Toyota GT-ONE is a Slot.it killer. Good to see a couple new and relatively unique models from them. Too bad about the wrong logotype on the Porsche, but that's fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by Van
                          "The MRRC/Scaleauto Toyota GT-ONE is a Slot.it killer. ..."
                          Do you by any chance know where I can get one....?

Cheers!
                          BigDog

Comment

Originally posted by J. D. Clampett Racing View Post
                            Me too! In fact, my Strombecker set was old enough to have the old round button on/off switches for controllers, so the blue MRRC plunger was also my first variable speed controller. That really made my driving smoother. A few years later I upgraded to another plunger with dynamic brakes. That brought about another major change in driving style, which lasted for decades. Then just a few years ago, I upgraded again to variable response and braking. After years of trying not to notice the differences from car to car in response and braking, just working around them, I'm still working on getting the most out of the variable controllers.

I know it's hard to tell from photos, but that Mark IV looks more proportionally correct than the NSR version. I hope it actually gets released this year.
                            Last edited by Zoom Beedo; 02-09-2009, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
                              If it's like earlier, but recent MRRC-Revell-Monogram releases, it will have the inline, dropped motor Sebring chassis with a modest-power, 19k slim can.

Unconfirmed: The Toyota LB Turbo is coming through with metal wheels, in race trim, and might be a very fast car (sidewinder, regular-size motor).
                              Is Sebring available yet? For fitting other cars?
                              If Toyota have metal wheels then maybe they are good fit for some FLY cars?

Comment

Working...
                              X