Webcam Lap Counter and Timing Revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcam Lap Counter and Timing Revisited

Although I should be able to solder and install any number of the hard-wired race management systems that are currently available, I'm a victim of my youth and no longer have the steady hands of my earlier days.

In recent years technology has been my saving grace. Over the holidays I installed an ancient webcam (Logitech C200) on an incredibly old Acer 32-bit Netbook, with the current versions of Web Zone Trigger and Pc Lap Counter.

Kudos to the authors of WZT and PLC for making software that does exactly what it's supposed to do for reasonable prices. And also to the Microsoft Windows 7 Pro operating system, the last truely solid PC platform we'll probably see for a while. (I mean it installed on the Acer with only 2Gb of RAM for cryin' out loud).

Before retiring I spent over 30 years as an IT guy. My experience has been that very few integrations of Windows with third-party hardware and software products have ever gone this smooth or seamlessly.

Some wag once said, "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with all Microsoft products!"

Ed Bianchi

Comment

Amen Ed. Not that I'm bitter but if I was, I'd describe spending the last 3 hours attempting to install the Win10 update 1803 patch on my desktop and business notebook PCs. What a blast...

Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
      X