X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glp
    started a topic Trackmate wiring

Trackmate wiring

I purchased the trackmate 4 lane kit and understand the gantry, relay and track call button connection but, how do the Lane's controllers get wired in?

• glp
    replied
    Originally posted by RichD View Post
    Wiring diagrams are often not clear, here is what you need to do in words. Two wires are connected to the relay terminals on the Trackmate board, those go to the relay coil connections. Since you are using the relay supplied by Trackmate, that is an automotive type with a 12 volt coil and you need to use terminals 85 and 86, the polarity does not matter. Connect relay terminal 30 to the positive side of your power supply and run separate wires from terminal 87a to each driver's station White connection.
    That's exactly what I needed to hear!

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    Wiring diagrams are often not clear, here is what you need to do in words. Two wires are connected to the relay terminals on the Trackmate board, those go to the relay coil connections. Since you are using the relay supplied by Trackmate, that is an automotive type with a 12 volt coil and you need to use terminals 85 and 86, the polarity does not matter. Connect relay terminal 30 to the positive side of your power supply and run separate wires from terminal 87a to each driver's station White connection.

Leave a comment:

• Black3sr
    replied
    Originally posted by glp View Post
    I understand the wiring for the controller hook-ups. The issue is connecting the power to the track so the power to the lane stops when the heat is over. The trackmate directions I have are almost useless.
    The first picture in this string should be used. Then the software either TM or in my case I use Race Coordinator will cut the power to the track at the end of the heat. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• glp
    replied
    Originally posted by SlotsNZ View Post
    Sorry GLP Ah, I misunderstood what you were wanting to know. - Use of english language.

gmcullan and jmacartney said it nice and simply. The power control relay which Trackmate can switch, simply opens or closes one leg/side the power circuit, sitting before you take your power wires from the supply to the driver stations. It just sits in front of them in the order, so that when Trackmate opens or closes the relay, it shuts power off, or turns power on, to all the driver stations at once.
    The diagram you showed is correct, and illustrates this.

I don't think of that relay as part of Trackmate, just an accessory Trackmate can drive, as I only buy raw boards from Daniel, and build the rest of the systems myself, and buy auto relays.
    All the instructions and diagrams I re-wrote myself some years ago, and supply on disc along with a "quick start guide"
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• glp
    replied
    The directions with the kit don't mention at all how to connect to the lanes/drivers stations or whatever you want to call it.

Leave a comment:

• SlotsNZ
    replied
    Sorry GLP Ah, I misunderstood what you were wanting to know. - Use of english language.

gmcullan and jmacartney said it nice and simply. The power control relay which Trackmate can switch, simply opens or closes one leg/side the power circuit, sitting before you take your power wires from the supply to the driver stations. It just sits in front of them in the order, so that when Trackmate opens or closes the relay, it shuts power off, or turns power on, to all the driver stations at once.
    The diagram you showed is correct, and illustrates this.

I don't think of that relay as part of Trackmate, just an accessory Trackmate can drive, as I only buy raw boards from Daniel, and build the rest of the systems myself, and buy auto relays.
    All the instructions and diagrams I re-wrote myself some years ago, and supply on disc along with a "quick start guide"

Leave a comment:

• glp
    replied
    Originally posted by jmacartney View Post
    Trackmate has the one relay control the power from the power supply. The note about hooking up additional lanes is on the diagram. You parallel the lanes from the power supply after the Trackmate relay. This will control the power to the lanes using Trackmate. The diagram is very clear.
    An alternative is using a relay for each drivers station (switching the positive from the power supply to the driver's staion (white post)). You then use the single relay from Trackmate to control the driver's station relays. You will have to supply 12 volts to the drivers station relays that the Trackmate relay will control.
    I found the picture on the internet through a search so the trackmate information given with the kit is not very clear!

Leave a comment:

• jmacartney
    replied
    Accutech-2a.gif
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jmacartney
    replied
    Trackmate has the one relay control the power from the power supply. The note about hooking up additional lanes is on the diagram. You parallel the lanes from the power supply after the Trackmate relay. This will control the power to the lanes using Trackmate. The diagram is very clear.
    An alternative is using a relay for each drivers station (switching the positive from the power supply to the driver's staion (white post)). You then use the single relay from Trackmate to control the driver's station relays. You will have to supply 12 volts to the drivers station relays that the Trackmate relay will control.

Leave a comment:

• glp
    replied
    I believe this is how to do it

Leave a comment:

• glp
    replied
    I understand the wiring for the controller hook-ups. The issue is connecting the power to the track so the power to the lane stops when the heat is over. The trackmate directions I have are almost useless.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    Here is another wiring diagram. This is for 1/32 club style tracks, HO tracks have the wires that connect to the track rails reversed. The track power relay can be installed between the power supply and everything else, it could be either on the plus or minus side, if it was on the minus side it would have to be before the place where the brakes are connected or the brakes would not be working when the power shut off. In the case of a car with a lot of coast you might get a crash once in a while if the power went off when the car was in a braking zone.

Leave a comment:

• gmcullan
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• glp
    replied
    Originally posted by gmcullan View Post
    The controllers get wired as you normally would. All the relay does is to turn the track power on and off. It just goes between your power supply and the track.
    As in the photo?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X