Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lap times and gaps on your phone and in your ear!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lap times and gaps on your phone and in your ear!

At the last UK 'national' HO race we got to play around with a brilliant app called RC speak.

This works off your android phone to supply lap times and gaps to cars around you to you ear. It is brilliant.

You need Race Coordinator for it to work, and RC Live, but you should be using those already!

(and RC speak is merely one reason why)

If you google RC speak, it should come up, just not near the top of your search. A similar search from you device in google play should work too....

If you have RC this could be the best fiver you will ever spend

Last edited by NicoRosberg.; 09-28-2015, 02:03 AM.

I've just published a new version of both the demo and the full version, it has quite a few changes :-

WHAT'S NEW

Embedded RCLive browser
    Sortable heat results which are still display after qualifying.
    New configuration for speech delay
    Various bug fixes, hopefully will sort out Android 5.0 issues

It should appear in play store in the next few hours.

If whoever reported a crash on a Tablet on Android 5.0 could test it, I would be grateful since I've tried to fix the issue, but the problem doesn't show up in any of my devices or the Android emulator.

Comment

Epic.

Comment

Version 1.3 is now available, I'm thinking this will be it for a while, it has all the features now that i originally intended and I think everything that has been requested.

What's New

Short and long touch for selecting driver, long touch will set driver as default.
        Time remaining in heat callouts.
        Driver and lane callouts on next heat
        Vibration alerts for best lap in heat and driver due to race in current heat.
        Help page added.

Comment

I just saw the current update, and I did not see your previous update.

I reported the app crashing on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S. It is running Android 5.0.2

Every time I try to set the host address it crashes, I have updated to the latest version of RC Speak and it still happens.

Sorry I missed your previous post, or I would have responded sooner.

Comment

Think this should be fixed now. I've released a new beta version to test, looks like a problem on large screen tablets only.

Comment

Was busy this weekend. I will try to test this out tonight after work. Thanks for your time and effort to solve the issue!

Comment

No problem, test when you get chance. Just posted here in cases anyone else had tablet issues and hadn't reported it.

Comment

New version now available:-

Better support for tablets.
                  Fix Galaxy tab & 10" tablets crash.
                  Add fixed lanes specified by %%1 in driver name
                  Short and long touch for selecting driver, long touch will set driver as default.
                  Time remaining in heat callouts.
                  Driver and lane callouts on next heat
                  Vibration alerts for best lap in heat and driver due to race in current heat.
                  Help page added.

Comment

Just thought I'd mention someone has developed an Apple variant of RC Speak, should be available from iTunes soon, I'll post when I get more info.

I think it's got roughly the same features as my Android version, but isn't an exact copy, so we have implemented things in a slightly different way.

Comment

There are a few guys at my club who use this and like it but to be honest, it would drive me mad!

Comment

I'm curious to see the iPhone version. I do enjoy using the android version on my tablet, but haven't been able to use it during a race due because I don't have enough room to set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by longdog View Post
                          There are a few guys at my club who use this and like it but to be honest, it would drive me mad!
                          That's why I created a free demo, so people can try it and see if it works. I use it a lot for practice and car setup. Especially on smaller circuits where there's no long straight to look at times.

The demo gives you all options to test but only for a few laps. I can recommend pink Floyd in the background and lap times over the top.

Comment

Hi guys, just to let you know there is now an iOS version of this call RCPitboard. It's not written by me so is a little different to the Android version, but for those of you with iOS devices only may be worth a go.

I believe it's free with in-app purchase for the full version.

Cheers

Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the update. A few of the guys in my club have been using RCSpeak for a while now and really enjoy it. I have used my android tablet, but I feel that an iOS app would better suit my needs

Comment

Working...
                              X