Trackmate Pause Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackmate Pause Problem

Recently someone told me that he was having a problem with the latest (8.12) version of Trackmate. During a race if he hit the pause button the power would go off, but it would go back on again without the button being pressed a second time. In addition the heat would be shortened. When I checked the pause control in practice mode I had no problems, but when I ran a test race the same thing happened to me unless I just tapped the button,holding it too long caused the problem. The same thing had happened during several actual races that I attended recently.
    I also checked versions 8.00 and 8.10, they acted the same way as well.
    I installed version 7.20 and tested that. During a test race the pause button worked perfectly weather the button was tapped or held down.
    I have been too lazy to reinstall older versions of Trackmate to find out where the problem started. Possibly there would not be a problem with some computers.
    My best guess is that the pause feature has a debounce time built in and that got changed at some point. If I remember correctly Race Coordinator has an adjustable debounce time for its pause feature.
    In any case you would save yourself some possible grief if you check this out.
    I will attempt to contact Trackmate about this problem.
    Last edited by RichD; 03-05-2016, 03:05 PM.

Thanks for the post. This has been happening at my track for several weeks. We thought it might be a sensitive button (don't ask me to explain that lol) as the marshall would keep pressing the button and the power would flip on and off. So at least now I have a better explanation.

Dave

Comment

Yup,same thing at my track. I changed the track call button as well but still had the problem. Switched to race coordinator,that fixed the problem

Comment

I did get a response from Trackmate, Daniel says that he will check on the problem as soon as he gets a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
          I did get a response from Trackmate, Daniel says that he will check on the problem as soon as he gets a chance.

That problem has existed for as long as I have been running Trakmate. That's one reason why I tied the tracks call button into the relays so that the button could only stop but not start (or restart) a race.

Comment

I use an arcade style switch that I got from Slot Car Corner, my club has used them for years with no problems. Some switches may be part of the problem, but in my case simply reverting to an older version of the software works OK. At several races the problem was so severe that we used the computer keyboard instead of the microswitch. The microswitch is connected to the Trackmate interface board, not directly to the computer. I thought that it was odd that there was no problem if I hit the switch in practice mode, the problem only appeared during a race.

Comment

Race Coordinator's debounce for callbuttons isn't configurable. But it only looks for "released" transitions and it will not count two released events unless they happen more than 1 second apart. I found that it was far too easy to have two racers/marshals simultaneously press their own button and/or a user hit the button twice quickly by accident. With this setup I haven't had a call button complaint in 4 years.

-Dave

Comment

My club members have all experienced this problem with the current version - did you ever get a follow up answer from Trackmate?

Comment

Great, and I just installed Trackmate and am getting ready to install track call buttons on my controllers, hope for the best!

Comment

It would be a good idea to do a dry run before you hold an actual race using the software. As I said earlier there is only a problem with the pause feature when you are in race mode, it works OK if you hit the pause in practice mode. I don't know what version of the Trackmate software is supplied with the current hardware. There is a Trackmate Beta site and I have been downloading updated software from that. A great feature that was introduced a couple of years ago is that an asterisk appears next to your lap count for a short time if you have just registered a lap. Sometimes when there is a track call you might miss a lap count if your car coasts over the line, not seeing the asterisk tells you that you missed a lap.
                    I don't know if there is a new version of the software that fixes the track call problem. The latest one that I have is 812 and that has the bug. I think that I use 762 most of the time now.
                    There is also a chance that the glitch only happens with some computers, but not all.

Comment

I'm still running 6.8 as the more recent version will only print race results half size.

Comment

Possibly you could fix that by changing your printer settings. There is another glitch with the latest versions of the software. When you display the race results the column with the lap totals uses a font that is much smaller than the rest of the display. That column is difficult to read from a distance. Sometimes the program does not break ties properly, so you need to look at the results to see who finished on the same lap and note the finishing positions to break ties. We always mark where the cars have stopped when they finish their last heat.

Comment

I tried adjusting the printer settings but nothing I tried worked.

Comment

I put a half second delay on the track call feature and that fixed the problem for me.

Comment

Thanks for that information. People that crash a lot would rather that the track call was activated instantly. I will give your fix a try and report back on how it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X