Trackmate Pause Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Luck

I tried that fix with version 812 and it did not work for me. The pause was OK if I only touched the track call button for an instant, if I held it down too long the race would restart.
    With another computer or a different version of Trackmate this fix might work however.

Comment

Having a half second delay didn't solve the problem for SCANC members either. We are running the older software on 3 or our 4 tracks. Did you ever hear back from Trackmate other than he was going to check on it?

Comment

I have never heard anything more from Trackmate about the problem. I'll bet that fixing a problem of that sort is more difficult than one would imagine. The software has to work with may different combinations of computer hardware and operating systems. We have tried the latest versions of the software on quite a few different computers and had the same problem with all of them. New versions of the software gets released with no documentation, the only way to find out what it does differently is to install and run it.
        I expect that some updates are done to patch bugs, rather than to introduce new features.
        In any case if anyone out there has gotten 812 to work properly I would like to hear about it.

Comment

Hot Off The Presses!

I got this from Daniel Groulx today:

Version 8.40 May 30, 2017
          Improved Auto detect of hardware
          Can control track power anytime with keys o and p
          Fixed spacebar issue
          Fixed penalty delay track call option
          Rotation timed heats sorted on total laps
          Fixed timing of race announcements "10 seconds left", "halfway through the race"

I will download, install and try this new version tomorrow. Look for a report later in the day.

Comment

If you are interested in downloading the new version that is not available on the Beta download site, in fact that site seems to be down except for a link back to the Trackmate site. On the Trackmate site there is a link to the download, it goes to a shopping cart as if you are placing an order, but it is free. You place the order and get an e-mail with a link to a zipped file that you can download.
            I did all of that and I unzipped the file. The new version includes voice drivers if you do not already have those.

Comment

I tested Trackmate 8.40 today, I had no problem installing and setting it up on my laptop with Windows 10. I have the older red serial interface unit plus a serial to USB adapter. In practice mode pause could still cancel itself if the track call button was held down too long. I ran a dummy race with the same problem. I changed the track call delay setting to 0.5 seconds and that fixed the problem if I did not hold the button down for a really long time. I also did a couple of track calls with only a second to go in the heat, that did not cause a problem. Older versions of the software will lock up and refuse to rotate to the next heat, but that does not happen consistently in any case, so I am not yet positive that the bug has been fixed.

Comment

Just checked his website and there is a new version V8.50. Looks like he has upgraded V8.50 to V852 (not indicated on website what the differences are).

Version 8.50 Aug 8, 2017
                Supports start with Lap 0 in rotation races
                Fixed time out for short lap races
                Improved file names
                Lapview displays last 20 laps
                Saves data, racers names, qualifing data to My DocumentsTrackmate-slotcar-timer
                Racers names uses a regular text file stored in My DocumentsTrackmate-slotcar-timer
                Improved user interface, top menu, select names
                Fixed championship points
                Supports blank or no names
                Improved voice, uses windows default speech
                Added Lap Sounds
                Your settings will not be lost in next update
                Last edited by DB9; 09-24-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I downloaded 8.50 but for some reason I could not unzip it.

Comment

I managed to unzip V852 and got it working. Haven't experienced a problem with the pause button in my testing so far.

I do wonder why under the Championship format the power isn't killed when the winning car passes the sensors it stays on until the second car completes all the laps. Planning to use the Championship format in an upcoming race at home.

Comment

I did manage to get 8.52 installed. I have six different versions of Trackmate on my track computer right now. For me there is still a glitch with the pause control. I did not try changing the delay time yet. When I get a chance I will run a dummy race.

Comment

In the spirit of sharing this is Daniel's email response to me regarding the Championship format and power shut off on completing a heat:

All cars must complete their current lap, but it will end race if that takes too long.

Comment

I installed 8.5.2 on both of my tracks. One track has the older "black" interface board and the other track as the newer "red" interface board. After running six trial round robins on both tracks, I've had no issues. The track call button works well on both tracks.

Comment

I also installed 8.52 recently. I have only tested the pause function via a track call button in practice mode and found that the problem still exists with that version. Adding a pause delay seems to greatly reduce the problem. I did not try to activate a pause using the keyboard. During an actual race I don't like to use the keyboard because I have a laptop and the touchpad is right next to the space bar, so it would be too easy to make an inadvertent entry and possibly abort the race. I have not had a chance to run a dummy race to see how the software works in that case. In the past I have found that the pause feature can work differently in practice or race mode.
                            With respect to what I call the "less than 5 seconds to go" problem I have tested for that in the past by hitting the pause with one second to go at the end of each heat and never encountered the problem in a test situation, only to have it happen in an actual race.
                            Considering that everyone is using a different computer with a different interface and a different operating system I think that it is a near miracle that the software works at all. Being an overly conservative person I think that I will continue to use an older version of Trackmate for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                            X