Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NicoRosberg.
    replied
    I think the 500 is diminished too, compared to past eras.

The whole thing is a bit unedifying, as has been FA's digs at F1. We all know if he was in the Merc he would be happy with F1 and not even thinking about the triple crown.

I will miss Vandoorne more, and I hope he comes back.

Leave a comment:

• DrumPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by NicoRosberg. View Post
    I think 2 titles, when you look at all aspects of Alonso, is about right.

I suspect many will think the triple crown he is now chasing significant, but I am not in that group.
    The triple crown is historically significant due to its rarity. None of the three races is easy to win. But the way the LM24 rules were this year, actively preventing any other cars from competing with the Toyotas, Alonso's win there was quite diminished in my opinion. It's still an accomplishment, but all they really had to do was finish and beat their other team car.

Leave a comment:

• NicoRosberg.
    replied
    I think 2 titles, when you look at all aspects of Alonso, is about right.

I suspect many will think the triple crown he is now chasing significant, but I am not in that group.

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Fernando Alonso

There's a great 5-part series by Andrew Benson, here. F1 is losing a terrific competitor.

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Heck, Perez seems to spend most of his time impacting with his own team mate!

Leave a comment:

• DrumPhil
    replied
    Okay, a couple more seats are confirmed.
    Williams will add George Russell, soon to be 2018 F2 champion.
    RPFI will keep Sergio Perez.

With Perez and Kvyat on competing teams, the midfield battles could get rather "impactful", in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• DrumPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by LowlandsRider View Post
    The Russian company Uralkali, led by the father of Nikita Mazepin, is sewing FRP Advisory for not taking their bid on Force India seriously.

They claim to have bid a higher amount of money plus a 5 year plan to keep the team healthy.

they now want compensation. FRP says they did everything right and will fight the claim, thing could get nasty when court will ask about the details of the deal with the Stroll consortium ...
    Is there law in this situation that requires all bids to be treated equally? I guess since the team was in administration, there probably are laws that govern the process. But I would also guess that there are plenty of other facets to be considered when weighing the offers.

If Uralkali wants an F1 team so badly, they should build a new one! Especially if they have a plan to keep their team viable for five years. It's almost a unanimous refrain that people want more teams on the grid.

Leave a comment:

• LowlandsRider
    replied
    The Russian company Uralkali, led by the father of Nikita Mazepin, is sewing FRP Advisory for not taking their bid on Force India seriously.

They claim to have bid a higher amount of money plus a 5 year plan to keep the team healthy.

they now want compensation. FRP says they did everything right and will fight the claim, thing could get nasty when court will ask about the details of the deal with the Stroll consortium ...

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Meanwhile, Planet F1 report that they'll find something for Ocon to keep him busy ... logically, he should be a perfect 'fit' as a reserve driver, and well able (if inclined) to advise Stroll on the quirks of the company and the car.

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Originally posted by NicoRosberg. View Post
    As the silly season is nearly over, perhaps this thread could become the 2019 F1 thread, with appropriate name-change, once it is?

What say you OP and WCR?
    I think the 2019 F1 Season will deserve its own thread, rather than trying to re-purpose this one.

Leave a comment:

• NicoRosberg.
    replied
    Ferrari
    Sebastian Vettel
    Charles Leclerc

Haas-Ferrari
    Romain Grosjean
    Kevin Magnussen

McLaren
    Carlos Sainz Jr
    Lando Norris

Mercedes
    Lewis Hamilton
    Valtteri Bottas

Red Bull Racing
    Pierre Gasly
    Max Verstappen

Renault
    Daniel Ricciardo
    Nico Hülkenberg

Sauber
    Kimi Räikkönen
    Antonio Giovinazzi

Scuderia Toro Rosso
    Daniil Kvyat
    TBA

Williams
    TBA
    TBA

Leave a comment:

• NicoRosberg.
    replied
    CONFIRMED: Daniil Kvyat to make return to F1 with Toro Rosso next season.

As the silly season is nearly over, perhaps this thread could become the 2019 F1 thread, with appropriate name-change, once it is?

What say you OP and WCR?

Leave a comment:

• NicoRosberg.
    replied
    The other manufacturers don't want to touch Mercedes juniors.

Kyvat was, I think, better than he showed. He was badly treated by Marko, who now sees his junior prog is a mess. The next guy (Ticktum) they could promote does not quite seem fast enough or right in the head.

Leave a comment:

• DrumPhil
    replied
    Haas have announced the same driver lineup for next year. Not a big surprise, since the team continues improving each year.

Funny (to me) is the talk in Sochi about Toro Rosso possibly bringing back Daniil "Torpedo" Kvyat for next year. Didn't he do enough damage during his previous time in F1? I would think they could get some considerations from Mercedes if they give a seat to Ocon (if he doesn't go to Williams, that is).

Leave a comment:

• NicoRosberg.
    replied
    Antonio Giovinazzi in at Sauber, Ericsson out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X