No announcement yet.

Database error with Google Chrome?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's bad. Hit refresh 3 times just to get past the DB error to view a forum page, then 4 logins just to post a message. No wonder it's a ghost town lately.

This is with Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE/Edge from various computers in various locations. It's systemic.

Comment

DB errors keeping me from posting pics

this sucks. I have pics to post of how to make the scx wos pclc interface but can't get them uploaded. pic is worth a 1000 words.

Comment

On the bright side of things, I just took a look at your gallery albums, some great stuff there!

Comment

It might be easier to use a photo hosting site like Imgur to post your pictures until the issues with SCI are resolved.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qj7...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

site issues

What is it going to take to get this site working correctly again?
            It seems like it needs a complete upgrade. Is it money?
            Would taking a collection work, like a donation or someting else?
            database errors, login issues, staying logged in issue, posting pictures, Timeout when typing, and couple of other issues.
            The buy sell thread quit working years ago.

This forum has so many Proxies that alot of us follow.
            Maybe it can be seperated from Alans business so it wont change his business stuff.

Other sites work. The freeslotter forum is in german but it is really simple to post pictures. Just attach and open.

Lance
            Last edited by Lancelotalove; 11-07-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

SCI post in news

I am well aware of the issues caused by our Hosting Company have made SCI even more difficult to post to.

After I get the Store operating correctly I will somehow fund the upgraded and repairs needed for SCI.

We tried to seperate off on different servers the 2 Sites before this issue. But that stopped my Store working and without sales there SCI will not exist.

Please see the News post, I appreciate all who can report errors. But not here, via email please with details.

I know about the multiple log in isses, Cloudflare is off, Site data tables were damaged by the server move and yes SCI needs a major overhaul.
              Has for years but till now not been able to find a Company that can offer the solutions needed. Anyone with knowledge let me know off site

Thank you
              Last edited by Scaleracing; 11-08-2018, 08:32 AM.
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.slotcarillustrated.com
              www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Talked with support, they say it's fixed.

What's your experience?

Comment

Quite a lot of the time I'm still getting

"Database error
                  The database has encountered a problem.
                  Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
                  Open the slotcarillustrated.com home page, then try to open another page.
                  Click the Back button to try another link.

The slotcarillustrated.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

With Firefox, clicking the Refresh button works sometime, other times it doesn't.

Comment

I just got it trying to look at your post. Support... the struggle is real.

Comment

I'm so sorry this is happening to you Mr Smith.

Comment

It isn't fixed, it is worse than ever.

We need to crowdfund a new site not connected to Alan's businesses.

Comment

This site is Alan's business.

And Alan has indicated before now that he isn't interested in crowdfunding; SCI membership is free.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

Not getting the "database error" (on chrome) as much the last few days so, maybe things are improving. Also working on the iPad too.

Karl

Comment

Tried to get in 6 times over the last 5 hours, it went through correctly 3 times , the other 3 times I got database errors which corrected after 1, 2 or 3 refreshes.

Comment

Working...
                                X