Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying another

Comment

Ok, my question is once I loaded the small pic, I can go to EDIT at the lower right and change the size of the photo. How do I get rid of the small photo, or get the larger photo on the 1st try?

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Shannon View Post
        To add picture from computer
        Maximum image size 1200 x 1200.
        Resize prior to upload.
        How do you resize prior to upload?

Comment

Depending on your Operating System and what programs have been installed on your computer image resizing can be done by numerous methods.
          This is how I do it on a standard Windows 10 PC Version 1809 with no added graphics programs.

Resizing pictures in Windows 10 Version 1809.
          Locate image to post.
          Unless your default settings have been changed the picture will open in Photos application when you double click.
          Click on 3 dots on top far right of screen.
          Click on Resize in menu.
          Click C Define custom dimensions.
          Change Width to 1200.
          Ensure Maintain aspect ratio is ticked.
          Click Save resized copy.
          Append -1200 or whatever size you specified as Width (makes it easy to find for posting).
          Click Save.
          Close Photos application.

Comment

My original instructions were for using an image larger than the 1200 limit.

To add picture from computer with dimensions smaller than 1200 x 1200.
            Maximum image size 1200 x 1200.

Click Image toolbar button.
            Click Upload.
            Click Browse.

Locate file and click OK.
            Click Send it to the Server.
            Check URL is filled in.
            Adjust Title, Description, Alignment as required.
            Change Width 1200.
            Click OK.
            Image is inserted into post.

image_48184.jpg

Comment

Geoff Shannon - thanks for the info, I'm going to try your method and see how it works. Really appreciate your sharing.

Comment

1. When I visit this topic and am not logged in (what a visitor would see) the only photo that is displayed in the same size as it is displayed when I am logged in is post #8 by indybob007 which is hosted on IMGUR.

2. The pictures in posts 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 25, 29 and 35 appear as hyperlinks that when clicked display "Invalid File Specified".

3. The pictures in posts 11, 13, 16, 23, 30 and 31 appear as a thumbnail with a number 1 and the word "Photos" to the right of the thumbnail, these are hyperlinks that when clicked open a new page that attempts to show all the pictures in the topic. The posts that only show hyperlinks (as listed in #2) do not display.

These are the results for a PC that has not been used to log into the site. The results are completely different if I use a PC that I have logged into the site at some time. Obviously cookie related although initially puzzling, not all that important.

4. In post 14 MrFlippant mentions "Select from Photo Album". I have been unable to find this option obviously as I have not created a Photo Album. Could somebody advise how I do this?

Comment

fullsizeoutput_2e88.jpeg Well, I finally got something to work.

I couldn't use Geoff's excellent instructions because I use a Mac with Firefox.

Mucked about in my photos and finally hit the right button, mucked about some more then found the resize function then had to figure that out, which worked after three tries.

Have to admit it's a royal pain having to resize each pic and I'm hoping after all the kinks have been worked out with the new site, that it will somehow simplify the pic posting process to something like on the old site.

But at least I can get something posted.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by B52RN; 03-21-2019, 06:27 PM. Reason: Have no idea why that box is there with the "Full size

Comment

B52RN- Glad you got there in the end. My knowledge about Macs is limited to they are made by Apple.

I did a search for "resize multiple photos mac" and this came up.

Step 1: Select all the images you want to resize.
                    Step 2: Right click on them and select “Open With Preview.”
                    Step 3: In Preview, go to Edit > Select All.
                    Step 4: Once all images are selected, go to Tools > Adjust Size.
                    Step 5: Enter the width or height value to resize your photos to your liking. If you’re only going to resize the width for example, make sure “Scale Proportionally” is selected. This will ensure that your images are proportionally resized.
                    Step 6: Save and close.

This doesn't say if the original is resized or a resized copy is saved. Back up the pictures you test it on.
                    Give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Shannon View Post
                      ...4. In post 14 MrFlippant mentions "Select from Photo Album". I have been unable to find this option obviously as I have not created a Photo Album. Could somebody advise how I do this?
                      That was an option as soon as the feature to add photos went live - I don't see it anymore because (I think) the site has been updated. I believe it was in Image Properties/Upload dialog box IIRC...
                      Last edited by dinglebery; 03-21-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I've been re-reeding one of my threads from the past. The inserted photos are no longer there. As well as the ones in other threads/replies. Would it be usefull to re-upload them in this new version?
                        At the old forum, they were uploaded in my gallery, but now I wonder if there will be a "my" gallery in the future.
                        Can anyone give me some more info, or is it still to early for this?

Lots Of Slots

Hufo

Comment

And while I was writing the precedent post, I was already thinking and experiencing a little further …
                          I managed to create a "my gallery" on this new version. Congratulating myself…
                          Those who are interested can take a look. It's a series of photos of my old and new track.

Lots Of Slots

Hufo

Comment

If you have uploaded any photos to the site your album is already created and can be viewed by clicking My Profile, Media tab and click on Posted Photos.

To add photos from your Album to a post:
                            Click on camera icon on top left of edit box.
                            Two new toolbar buttons will appear below Upload Attachments and Upload fron URL buttons.
                            If you click the Upload button you can add photos from your hard drive(max size 1200 x 1200) to the post and once posted the photo will be added to your Posted Photos album.
                            If the photo you wish to post is already in you album click the Select from Photo Album button.
                            From your albums tick the photo/photos you want to appear in the post.
                            Click Continue.
                            Type something in the edit box below the thumbnail(this will appear below the photo when the thumbnail in the post is clicked).
                            Click Upload More button if you want to add photos from your hard disk(max size 1200 x 1200) to the post.
                            Click Continue.
                            Click Preview button to confirm photos appear in you post..

When the site is viewed by guests and or members the thumbnails will appear in the post and when clicked will display the larger image.
                            Last edited by Geoff Shannon; 03-28-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Hey, Geoff, greetings from the "upper side" of the globe.

That photo of the 4 trucks, it looks like these trucks are 1/32 Stabocar, an old German brand of slots.

In addition to an ordinary traffic series, their program also included a complete range of 1/32nd slotracing cars, track and buildings, and some 1/24th cars.
                              The 1/24's kits were copies of Tamiya slotcar kits.
                              They also had a range of ready to install slotracing tracks for club and commercial use.
                              The only thing that I don't know is whether it was west- or East German. I'm talking about the late '60s early '70s, my teenage years.

Lots Of Slots
                              Hufo

Comment

Hufo Yes, the trucks are Stabo. I believe that production stopped in the late 70's.

Comment

Working...
                                X