No announcement yet.

F1 2019 - The season continues ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SC was interesting, I think a VSC would of been enough.

But Pete Bono Bonnington took a gamble that was just about to fail (the overcut) when it came out, so he played the odds and it worked.

Hamilton was always only one-stopping, the SC just made it a slam-dunk.

It may not be 'action' but it adds nuance to the racing.
    Last edited by NicoRosberg.; 07-15-2019, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Lewis won that race without the need for a safety car, with valterie having to stop twice and Lewis almost as quick on the hard tyres it was game over.
      The race was so good with so much going on I watched it twice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedynh View Post
        i feel bad for Valtty, getting caught out by the safety car.
        He was cooked the moment he bought into the need to two-stop.

Comment

• He was cooked the moment he went in regardless of everything else, Lewis was much quicker all day.

Comment

• if he'd of gone onto hards he would of had options, but I think Lewis would of found a way regardless.

Comment

• Lewis would have either under or overcut VB, he was just faster as we saw on the last lap.

Comment

• Right, but the SC meant Bottas went from few ways to fight back to none.

Comment

• Well it makes a change to see luck swinging his way as he's had years of bad luck & bad decisions...what goes around comes around

Comment

• Funnily enough the internet is seething with those moaning that he gets all the luck!

The forget but for a blown engine and a strange gravel trap he'd be coming up on 8 titles this year.

Comment

• Yep. He's a ruddy marvel.

Comment

• German Gp takeaways. Good race. Hamilton is human. Vettel is not over the hill yet.

Comment

• It was a brilliant, mad race. The 3rd excellent race on the bounce.

I'm not sure one can really get reliable takeaways from such chaotic races though. Most of the drivers had luck play a big part in things today.

Comment

• Despite everything that happened yesterday only one driver looked in control even after an off...Max!
                            I was really disappointed with LH, wrong tyres, panic, pushing too hard on the one part of the track he needed to be super careful...smiles wiped off the faces in the Merc pit.

Comment

• They only smile when they win, so nothing was wiped off.

Comment

• There were plenty before the race...

Comment

Working...
                                X