No announcement yet.

F1 2019 - The season continues ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, when you said passport, you meant racing licence? Did he always choose Holland for that, is a licence something you can change or have to renew?

I have always found it weird supporting a racing driver based on their nationality. I love the orange army for their passion, but it just seems strange to me. I'm glad they are there, they add spectacle, but the fact remains if Max had decided to match his nationality to where he was born, where he lived until moving to Monaco, and to where the person who birthed him was born, they would not be there.

I used to attend lots of races back when Mansellmania was a thing. I adored the guy, but for his bravery and the moves he pulled. To be standing next to somebody who only cared because he was born within the same national borders as him, surrounded by 1000s of others only there for the same reason, was surreal to me.

Comment

• Great race today. Waiting to see if the marshalls muck it up though.

Comment

• What did the marshalls do wrong? All the cars finished and the flags were all applied correctly so far as I could see, so I am not sure what you picked up on?

Comment

• You missed that the results were under review for a few hours for the pass for the lead?

Comment

• No.

Comment

• I believe the word "marshalls" is the source of the confusion. And while I'm typing, I might as well comment upon the issue at hand. Verstappen passed LeClerc. Contact or no, any decision reversing that would have been massively stupid, i.e., well within the capabilities of the average F1 race stewards. That it was not hopefully indicates some enlightenment may be creeping in.

Comment

• Well said, Mr MacMoose!

Bloody good race, and the stewards and sheriffs and people got it right in the end. Max earned that win.

I enjoyed watching Vettel passing Hamilton. Made you wonder if maybe Lewis is cracking up, or something.

Comment

• I don't know what commentary you get, but the Sky guys spoke at length about the Mercs being hampered by temperature issues, and having to lift and coast a lot.

I guess with your partialities you'll take any scraps going

Comment

• Originally posted by MacMoose View Post
                    That it was not hopefully indicates some enlightenment may be creeping in.
                    They thought about it for a long time, which suggests to me that Max was a very lucky boy. There was contact, CL did not have room, but there was also a facility full of Dutchmen waiting outside, to say nothing of many of the media types who slated their correct decision in Canada. The furore over Hamilton's quali demotion, Ricciardo's white lines (don't do it), and, of course, that penalty in
                    Parc Jean-Drapeau, weighed on their mind too.

It should not have, but they are only human. Not so long ago they admitted to making decisions based on how they would affect the WDC, which is just wrong. In Canada they did not do that, and.....

Hopefully the FIA will take a sensible pill and soften the penalties rules. We so many people walking around saying 'let them race', never mind many only say under circumstances that suit their bias, they might feel it is time the rules reflected that desire. They'll always annoy somebody though, how many Tifosi are waking up today in a foul mood?

Note: I am a huge MV fan. I don't base my opinions on who my guys are.

Comment

• The substantive difference between the Vettel/Hamilton and Verstappen/Leclerc situations (to me, anyway) was the presence of ample room for CL to avoid contact (a very wide runoff that allowed him to avoid the grass and whatnot) and absolutely none for Hamilton (i.e., a wall). It's all very nice to lay out a diagram and say "A is level with B, therefore B has to leave A room even though B is on the preferred line and passing A." It's just not that simple. I think a better argument could be made that MV's trajectory into the corner implied an intention to run wide on exit.

Comment

• The rules say you can't crowd somebody off the track, they don't mention onto what, but the lack of wall could of been a factor, which is why no amount of tweaking of wording when it comes to such rules will ever make them 100% consistently applied.

Max knew what he was doing. The lap before he thought the deal was done, CL having a little bit of room. It wasn't, so.....

Comment

• Vettel was very poor again this weekend. Ferrari need Max.

Comment

• Vettel was very poor again this weekend. Ferrari need Max.

Comment

• i feel bad for Valtty, getting caught out by the safety car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedynh View Post
                                i feel bad for Valtty, getting caught out by the safety car.
                                The race was exciting at times, but it is anticlimactic that the winner was chosen by a lucky safety car and not through on-track action. Tough battles between Ferrari and Red Bull, and between McLaren and Renault. If we ignore Mercedes, the rest of the field is pretty interesting this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X